White Feather

Status: 

Completed

Author: 

SophThirteen

Description:

They say that every individual deals with loss in a different way. Some take it better than others. Certain people will cry, others tend to keep their emotions hidden. 

 But for Annabella, she has found it hard to let go and move on from it. He was such a huge impact on her life and without him, she wouldn't be where she is today. 

 She reminisces and ponders over the multiple memories that she had shared with him. But she finds it hard to recall the one fatal night of the incident. It was horrific and she is regretful of everything which lead up to the tragedy. 

 Learning to accept the past will always help a person to move on into the future. She will try to fight the memories clouding her thoughts and will hopefully finally reach peace with herself.  

This is a tale of the friendship that was shared between Harry and Annabella, and what fate had planned for them in the end.

Review: 

I practically have no words for this story. I read the first chapter and knew from the start that I was going to sob. It was rare that my eyes were dry as I read this. I don't know if this is how the author intended it, but this is how I interpreted it: the past is straight text, which is typically associated with reality; whereas, the present was in italics which is usually associated with dreams or thoughts. I took this as: the present is changeable; whereas, the past in set in stone. This is a coming of age story, grief, friendship, and the difference between loving and being in love with someone. The heartbreak of this story is felt by the readers; all of the grief and unrequited love eats away at the reader's heart. This story deals with real life tragedy, that isn't sugarcoated by the world of fan fiction. This story is one of the hidden gems of Wattpad and is tragically underrated. 

Did you find this review helpful? Let me know in the comments!