Troubled

Status: Completed

Author: x17Black

Description:

I don't think you ever really know who you are, until you lose who you are. You don't know pain until the person you would give your life for plucks the pin off of the grenade, leaving you standing alone in an open battlefield. You don't know love until the source of your happiness leaves you weak and withering in agony.

He loved me. He loved me so much that he forgot to hate himself. He was so busy putting me before everyone else that he didn't notice the storm inside of him start to break, allowing the few rays of light to shine through. He brought me back to life. He was the rain that nourished me and masked my heart in green once again. He promised me he would get better and he did, God, did he get better.

And then, something inside him shifted; not only did it change him, but it affected me as well. He took every ounce of passion and respect I had for myself and crushed it under his boot. He hit me right where I was weak, and I don't think I've ever felt pain like that before. He damaged the person I once was, changed and manipulated me into the person I am now, and wrecked the person I was supposed to be.

But all the pain, the tears, and the lies... I would do it all over just to feel his love again.

Review:

I absolutely love this story. At first glance the story may appear to be a typical fan fiction--small town girl, bad boy Harry Styles, innocence being tarnished, etc. This story is anything but cliché. It follows Harry and a few other misfits who are shipped off to live on a farm for a television series that sounds like something in between World's Strictest Parents and Scared Straight. This story is extremely well thought out and well written. The way the author writes the romance between Harry and Melanie is so beautifully authentic. Each interaction between the two characters calls for applause for how much it tugs at the reader's heartstrings. The twists and turns have the readers on the edge of their seats, phones, or computer screens. It is not till the end of the story that the reader can see just how much the characters have developed--not one is stagnate! Personally, I am awaiting the sequel Bad Habit with great anticipation!

Did you find this review helpful? Let me know in the comments!