"Your date is coming here for you?" Joshua asked and Egypt shook his head in the negative.

"No. I don't want him to know I live here in case he turns out to be a whack-job." Egypt shrugged and Joshua chuckled.

"You never know these days." Egypt added a little offended and Joshua joined him on the couch and flipped to one of the music channels because he noticed Egypt preferred listening most times he's in front the T.V.

"That's actually quite smart." Joshua said and Egypt nodded his head to the music.

"Do you need a ride?" Joshua offered and he could've smacked himself silly.

"Uh sure?" Egypt dragged out a bit unsure if Joshua was to say so himself. "I was gonna call a cab."

"It's no problem. Let me just shower and I'll take you." Joshua said quickly wanting to hide in his room for a few minutes before driving Egypt out to his date.

Joshua wished he could bash his own face in. Crushing on the damned boy wasn't enough oh no, now he was gonna drive the damned boy to his date that was not a date date.

"Let's go." Joshua said after forcing himself to not lock Egypt up in his bedroom. Heck he weightily accepted that since he didn't want Egypt (more like didn't want to want Egypt) the boy could damned well look for another man. One that's not like him. One that's nice and normal. A gentleman that'll come to his place of work and purchase shit he doesn't need just to ask him out.

Joshua usually used to just approach a twink and ask, "wanna fuck?" and most times he went to bed with another body but that was before Louis and before prison- before his hands were covered in blood. He wasn't gentlemanly or normal and he didn't deserve an angel like Egypt.

------------

The car ride was tense or intense; Egypt didn't know which but thankfully Joshua's taste in music wasn't shit so that was a plus to the offered ride. Egypt liked Joshua's car. A red '08 charger with awesome detailing and nice rims. The inside wasn't shabby at all and it smelled nice. Like baby powder with a tinge of cherries.

"Put your number in my phone and take mine." Joshua shoved his phone at Egypt and Egypt took it nervously.

"Why?" Egypt asked when he swiped the lock screen and smiled when he saw that Joshua's wallpaper was a picture of him shirtless with all his tattoos on display knelt in front of a motorcycle totally unaware that the moment was being immortalized. They had gotten called out to a motorcycle event and one of the bikes that were supposed to go on later that day needed a tune-up since the owner trusted nobody else except Joshua with his baby. Mason locked up the shop and took them out. Egypt remembered when that picture was taken since Mason did it with Joshua's phone and snickered that they should make a calendar starring Joshua. Egypt was not opposed to the idea since Joshua looked smoking fucking hot. Egypt did as told earlier when Joshua glanced at him.

"I'll give you a ride after and if it doesn't go as planned you can text me for a quick getaway." Joshua smiled or at least Egypt think it was a smile and Egypt's breath hitched when he really took in Joshua in his tight t-shirt and hand on the steering wheel. He looked really good behind that steering wheel.

"Why?" Egypt asked again.

"Mason would kill me if anything happened to you." Joshua shrugged and Egypt cursed.

"You told him didn't you?"

"Yep." Joshua pulled up to the pavement in front of the restaurant Egypt was meeting his date. "Mason would be calling you at some point." Joshua said and Egypt groaned out loud.

"Why'd you do that for?" Egypt grumbled and went to run his fingers through his hair when Joshua caught his wrist.

"You'll mess up your hair." Joshua said softly and Egypt was caught in his eyes. His wrist felt like it was on fire by Joshua's calloused touch.

"Oh." was Egypt's intelligent response. Joshua pulled his hand down and let the curls snagged in Egypt's fingers fall. With his other hand he fixed Egypt's curls back and Egypt gulped. His chest warmed and that warmth spread to the tips of his toes.

"Thanks." Egypt whispered. The way Joshua leaned over to fix Egypt's hair had them inches apart. Joshua's subtle cologne slid into Egypt's nostrils and made him almost moan.

Joshua seemed to stare at Egypt's lips then his eyes. Egypt closed his own and wondered what in the world was going on when Joshua cleared his throat and released Egypt's wrist. "You should get going Egypt. Don't want to be late for your date."

"Ye-Yea. Bye. I'll um... I'll call you." Egypt's voice was husky as he slid out of Joshua's car and into the restaurant and was seated at a reserved table when he gave the hostess his name.

Did Joshua really like him?

A/N

H A P P Y    N E W    Y E A R !

Felt like treating you guys since I didn't on Christmas.

@Jd2266
lovecutie66
awkwardtrash69
Faith1328
Deceiv3r
sora22
letdown11
nekosan206
IaM_FoReVeR_aLoNe
AphroditesLust
Accounts19
memecooper92
Nelliephant
Cipher90
KaySetonks
DanielleWilson89
LLAP115
fl0w3r-ch1ld
his_lostgirl