THIRTY ONE

Prince Edward sat at his desk, the thoughts in his head were running wild. He was no where near finding out where Kara was, or what Cameron wanted from her.

"Sir," Wendall whispered, coming into the prince's dark room.

"Yes?" Ed answered, "what is it, Wendall?"

"Your mother has asked for you in the throne room," Wendall told him, crossing his arms behind his back. The prince sighed getting up from his desk.

"Tell her I'll be there in a moment."

"Yes, Sir," Wendall mumbled, turning to leave the room.

The prince walked over to his bed, grabbing the sword he'd set there just an hour before. He shoved it in his belt before walking over to the door.

"You asked for me?" Prince Edward mumbled, when he entered the throne room, seeing his mother and father sitting there with worried looks on their faces. "What's happened?"

"Your brother...he's gone missing," the queen said, the prince raised his eyebrow.

"Matthew? He always goes missing...he goes on those...adventures," the prince said with the wave of his hand.

"He's been missing for a few weeks," King John jumped in, tapping his fingers on his throne.

"So?" The prince asked, shrugging his shoulders. "Matthew is a big boy...he has a huge sense of adventure, I'm sure he's fine."

"We've sent a patrol out to look for him," Imogen said, "We just want to be sure."

"Alright, what does this have to do with me?" Ed asked, feeling annoyed, he had better things he could be doing right now...like looking for Kara.

"We just wanted you to know, just in case something has happened to him," his mother explained. "I know you two are awfully close-"

"Mum, I'm sure he's fine," The prince snapped.

"Don't snap at your mother!" The king yelled. Prince Edward looked at him.

"Don't start with me," Ed grumbled.

"What did you say, Boy?" King John asked, getting up from his throne.

"I'm leaving...I've got more important things to do," Ed sighed, turning to leave the room.

"Like what?" John asked, following his son as he moved toward the door.

"That's none of your business," the prince snapped, turning his back to his father. "I have better things to do than argue with you...and frankly, I've grown weary of it."

King John laughed, "Oh...my boy," his father said, grabbing at his ear. Prince Edward hissed as the stinging feeling traveled though the right side of his head. "Our fight has barely just begun." He let go of Ed's ear, pushing him out the door. "If your brother isn't back in a week this is on you."

Prince Edward shook his head, quickly walking down the hall, away from his father. He didn't understand, Matthew went on these trips all the time, what was so different about this one?

Ed sighed, stopping to look out the window, he wished everything could go back to normal, to how they were before Audra came into the picture. This is not how he pictured his life at all when he was a child, never would he ever have thought that he'd be arguing with his father over a country that doesn't even belong to them. He never would have thought that he'd fall for his fiancée's illegitimate sister either...but look where he is now.

"Sir."

Prince Edward turned around to face his servant. "What is it, Wendall?" He asked, tiredly.