TWENTY THREE

'This was it' Prince Edward thought as he walked down the hall, today was the day he would finally win the argument with his father about Scotland. He knew the English troops were doing very well at the Scottish border, they've actually just about broken though. But the prince knew he could get his father to back away from the Scottish...his years of messing with his father really paid off, because now, he was going to stop a full out war using what he knew made his father weak. Blackmail.

See, having a somewhat secret relationship with his fiancé's bastard sister late at night sort of pays off. Whilst leaving Kara's room the other night, Prince Edward had witnessed his father leaving one of the cook ladies rooms, and...he looked awfully happy.

So, Prince Edward was in a good mood for once in his life.

He walked into the throne room, immediately spotting his father on the throne, his mother sat next to him.

"Father, can we have a word?" Prince Edward asked, stopping right in front of the throne, crossing his arms behind his back.

"What is it son?" King John sighed, looking up at the prince.

"In private," Ed snapped, looking up at his mother.

"What's this about?" His father asked, scrunching his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Is everything alright, Darling?" Imogen asked, giving the prince a concerned look.

"Everything's fine. I just need to speak to father...alone," Prince Edward said, his eyes burning into the kings.

"Alright, I will excuse the both of you then," Imogen sighed, getting up from her throne. She glanced at her son one last time before exiting the room.

"What is this about?" King John asked again, watching his son walk up the steps leading up to the throne.

"It's about what I saw the other night," the prince sighed, taking his mothers spot next to his father.

"What exactly is that?" King John asked, raising an eyebrow at the prince.

"You. Leaving the kitchen ladies bedroom late at night," Ed smirked, seeing all the colour leave his fathers face.

"How did you- what were you doing out there that late?" The king asked, fumbling on his words.

"You know how I enjoy my late night walks," the prince mused, a smug smirk on his face.

King John cleared his throat, "What will it take for you to keep quiet?"

"Pull all your troops from the Scottish border, and leave them alone," the prince said, leaning in to make sure his father could hear him.

His fathers eyes widened, "I will do no such thing-"

"Do it, or I'll tell," Prince Edward interrupted, "I'll tell everyone you're sleeping with the kitchen maids."

King John took a deep breath, shooting daggers at his son, "consider it done."

The prince smiled, knowing he'd won against his father for once in his life...it felt good. "Great. Have a nice day, Father." Prince Edward chirped, getting up from the throne. "See you at dinner."

The prince exited the throne room, rushing down the hall, once he spotted what he was looking for, he smiled. "Kara!" Prince Edward called, running to catch up to her. The girl whipped around, searching for the voice that called her name. She smiled when she saw the prince.

"Hey," Kara smiled as Ed approached her.

"Hey," the prince smiled.

"You look oddly happy this morning," Kara pointed out as they walked down the hall together.