NINE

12 hours.

In just 12 hours Prince Edward of England would turn eighteen.

Usually, on the eve of his birthdays, the castle was in a frenzy trying to make the main dining hall ready for a party...because apparently its a big deal when your son turns 15, you have to invite the whole world. But, tonight it was quiet, not a servant in sight. They were all sleeping considering the late hours of the night. Prince Edward doubted he would get any sleep tonight, for, even if his father wasn't here, he was still turning eighteen and he was still getting married in a matter of months. That scared him more than anything.

So, he laid in his bed, starring up at the dark ceiling. His mind raced from thought to thought, from the possibility for running away to getting married and taking the throne, his thoughts zoomed though his head faster than lightning...until Kara crossed his mind. Its like all the scary thoughts seized to exist. He thought about her long brown hair, and her piercing blue eyes, her smile and the way she spoke to him, like they'd known each other their whole lives. Suddenly, everything Prince Edward worried about disappeared.

The prince took a deep breath, sitting up in bed, he had to knock Kara out of his mind. The thoughts he had about her weren't doing him any good...well, they were, but he wasn't supposed to think of her that way. He ran a hand though his hair, looking around his dark room. The moon shone through the window, giving him a sliver of dull light.

He got out of bed, walking over to the door, throwing his robe on. He then sulked out into the dark hallway, a nice walk should do him good. Walks late at night always helped the prince clear his head.

Prince Edward walked the dark hallways, his bare feet padding on the cold stone.

"Your Grace, what are you doing out here?" A soft voice spoke from behind him. The prince paused, slowly turning around to face Lisa.

"Just going for a walk," he said quietly.

"You should be in bed," she spoke, walking over to him. He couldn't see her, but he knew she was standing right in front of him.

"Lisa, please," Ed breathed. He felt a hand on his chest, he winced as a shiver ran down his spine.

"What?" She slurred, her hand slowly traveling downward. "You used to like this."

"You're drunk." Ed started, ripping her hand away from him, "I suggest you go to your chambers or you can face the consequences of disobeying your prince."

"You used to love it when I touched you like this," Lisa whispered, placing her hand right above the waist line of his pants. The comment made the prince scowl, he grabbed Lisa by the wrist roughly, pulling it away from him.

"Do not ever touch me like that again, do you hear me?" The prince growled out. "Get to bed." He dropped her hand roughly at her side before turning on his heel, heading back to his chambers.

He burst though the door, slamming it shut behind him. Irritation, self-hatred and anger coursed through his veins as he stopped over to his desk. He sat down in his chair, leaning his elbows on the hard wood of his desk, putting his head in his hands.

Lisa had done this before, she gets drunk and loses herself. Then she does things...and in his weakest points, Prince Edward would let her. Then he would fill himself with shame and disgust for doing such things with her, she had always been like a mother to him. But that one night...when she had seen that the prince was completely vulnerable, she took advantage of him.

Flash Back: Warning- sexual content

Two years ago-

Prince Edward made his way to the kitchens one night after a meeting with his father. He had just been told that, on his eighteen birthday, the Princess of France would be coming to England so they could be married. The news came as quite a shock to the prince and he couldn't help but lash out at his parents for putting him though this. It was bad enough that he had to be king, now he had to commit to an arranged marriage with a girl he had met once when he was five! The prince also didn't understand why he had to worry about this now, he was still two years away from turning eighteen!