EIGHTEEN

Kara had been hanging around Matthew a lot more than usual, Price Edward noticed. Every time he saw them together, he only felt more and more angry. He knew it was his fault Kara wasn't talking to him, but he couldn't let himself feel bad about it, no matter how much he regretted saying those things to her.

Prince Edward tried to rush past them, but nothing ever works out the way he wants it to. Matthew saw him, "Ed!"  He called, running over to him. The prince sighed, stopping with his back towards him.

"Yes, Matthew?" Ed asked, as his brother came up behind him.

"We need a word," Matthew said, coming around so he could be face to face with the prince.

"About?"

"You know exactly what its about," Matthew scoffed, looking over at Kara.

"Don't tell me she sent you to clean up her mess," Prince Edward chuckled, also looking over at Kara, she was looking right back at him, anger and hurt in her eyes. Ed hated it.

"Don't be a jerk," Matthew leered, "what's wrong with you, has father really gotten to your head that much?"

"What does father have to do with this?" Prince Edward asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "I'm just sick of the both of you walking around here like you own the place, and talking to me like I couldn't have your head on a spike in the matter of three seconds."

"Wow, you are sounding an awful lot like father," Matthew mumbled, running a hand though his hair.

"Maybe that's a good thing," the words came out of the prince's mouth like poison from a venomous snake. Prince Edward didn't want to be like his father...why was he saying all of this?

A look of shock crossed Matthew's face, "since when have you wanted to be like our father?"

"Since I realized that I am going to be king, and I will have to be ruthless, like father. Kara's the one who taught me that," the prince snapped, looking up at Kara though his eyelashes, she gave him a confused look. "I must be getting back to the throne room, why don't the two of you go do something useful for once."

Prince Edward turned on his heels and trudged away. As he walked away, he heard Matthew mumbled something. "Dick."

The prince took a deep breath, he'd been called that by Kara already, and he hated being called names. But he just kept going, ignoring Matthew's comment.

When he entered the throne room, his parents, along with Audra and her parents were there, waiting for him. There was another man standing in the middle of the room, standing in front of his mother and father. Prince Edward was confused, who was this guy? He figured he was a Noble, he was dressed like one.

"Ah, Edward," King John started, being the first to notice his son had entered the room. Everyone's attention turned to him, including the man in the middle of the room, when he turned around, the prince got a good look at his face. He was handsome. His dirty blonde hair was styled on the top of his head, bright blue eye, and a very chiseled jaw line. This man smiled at the prince, showing off his perfectly white teeth.

"Edward, this is Cameron, he's the son of Nobleman Thomas from the North," King John told him. Prince Edward nodded, turning to the man.

"Welcome to court," Ed greeted, shaking Cameron's hand.

"Thank you, Your Majesty, it is an honour to be here," Cameron bowed, his accent was very posh, he was definitely from the north.

"He will be staying with us for a few months while his father does business elsewhere," King John added. Prince Edward furrowed his eyebrows, Cameron looked old enough to take care of himself, he didn't need to be babysat, especially not by the king and queen of England.