joshima ken | snow

God, it was cold.

Ken frowned at the snow that layered the ground out front of Kokuyo Land, arms crossed. He wasn't exactly the most snow friendly guy out there, let alone cold friendly. It was easier when it was warm.

Still, he took a deep breath and let the sight of the snow sink in. When he did see snow it wasn't nearly as pleasant as it was now. He was usually off somewhere with Chikusa with no roof or food.

In his deep thinking you wandered up behind him, head tilting. He didn't know you were here, and if he did he didn't acknowledge you. That was fine. You didn't mind.

"Ken!"

You shoved the blond roughly, grinning widely when he face planted the thick snow. You let out a loud, rather obnoxious laugh when he tore himself out of the snow.

He growled lowly, wiping his hand down his face. "What the fuck?!" He got to his feet and glared at you. "What the fuck are you doing?"

You strolled out into the snow, humming at the crunches your boots made against it. "You were thinkin' pretty hard, y'know?" You looked back at him and shrugged. "Thought I'd come cut it short."

"Who the fuck just shoves someone who's thinking? Stop bothering people!" He snapped irritably, kicking the snow over where he'd landed. Seeing the indent was pissing him off.

"Don't be so bitter, man!" His eyebrow twitched at this. "You stand in the snow to have fun, not to just think!"

"I don't like snow."

"Geh, that's what everyone says until they're out in it." You shot him a snarky grin. "Or are you afraid of a little snow?"

"Hah? What the hell was that?" He shuffled through the snow, scowling when you stepped away from him. You spent more time in the snow than he did so you found it easier to move about.

You found joy in the fact that Ken wasn't made for the snow, for many reasons. A grin lit up your face when he slipped and fell. Really, snow was your favourite.

"Big, bad Ken can't even walk through snow-"

"Shut up!" You tipped backwards when he chucked a handful of snow compacted rather tight and thrown rather hard. You landed heavily, yelling out and grabbing your forehead.

It was his turn to grin when you writhed in the snow for a bit. "Why would you throw it that hard so close to me, bastard?! That hurt!"

"Good! You deserve it, you prick!"

"You're such a sourpuss!"

You hefted yourself up and frowned at him, shoulders slumping. Your forehead was red now. He snorted at this, brushing your frown off easily.

"Snow is dumb. Why the hell do you like it so much?"

You'd been picked up by them on a snowy day. How could you not enjoy snow? It felt like a Christmas miracle.

"How could you forget?" You whined, getting to your hands and knees and crawling over to him. "You're so mean, Ken!"

He clicked his tongue, watching you closely. He didn't trust you enough to let you get close without thinking something was up. He was right.

You dived at him and pushed him down into the snow, red fingers holding his shoulders tightly. You grinned down at him. It wasn't cocky or obnoxious. It was giddy and childish; it lit up your face.

He'd blame the pink on his cheeks on the snow and cold weather. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Playing in the snow! What does it look like?"

He went to retort only for your obnoxiously loud laughter to ring through the air as you dumped snow onto his face and thus into his mouth, effectively shutting him up for a grand five seconds.

The next few moments were full of your snorts and laughter and his coughing as he turned his head to spit the now freezing water out of his mouth.

"Fucking gross!"

"It's just frozen wa-"

His fist swung into your gut and you hunched over. "Shut up and get off!"

"D-Dammit...! That hurt!"

"You deserved it!"

Although the next few minutes were just you two arguing and using the snow to release your irritation, you found snow days really were your favourite.

Ken couldn't quite complain, either. He could see the pros to snow days. It wasn't that bad after all.