lancia | periwinkle and jade

The weather was warm and there was little to no breeze. You often wondered how he could wear such long clothes. Lancia was rather known for the leather he wore, and in such lengths, too.

"Lancia, aren't you hot?" You peered up at him, a curious glint in your eyes. He held at least fifteen centimetres over you; he was also incredibly tall.

"No." He looked down at you. "It's not that warm out." Yes it was. He was always so indifferent, though.

"Why're you always wearing black? Couldn't you wear a colour, at least? Maybe even white!"

"You'd see blood easier on colour." That was a fair enough reason, but it left you disgruntled regardless. This was always how conversations ended up. He wasn't one for words, either.

"Then... If I were to choose a colour for you, I'd choose green!"

His brows lifted at your choice in colour. "Green? What type of green?" He'd probably be amused by your answer if you decided to go out of your way to choose something bright.

"Uh..." You wracked your brain for all the shades of green you could remember. You didn't pay too much attention to most shades of colours, so you were stumped. He watched your eyes light up, though. "Jade!"

That was a specific choice, he mused. "Jade?" Perhaps he could humour you? "Why is that? It's not a conventional shade."

You set your hands on your hips in triumph. He had noticed. "It's darker than most greens! But it's not super bright, either. You look like a green kind of guy!" You then beamed at him. "What colour would I be?"

He blinked slowly. You didn't expect much of an answer, but you expected at least something. "Purple."

"Purple? Why? What shade?" Your brows furrowed, watching him carefully. He didn't let many emotions through, so it was hard to read his poker face. Had he just chosen a colour?

His chest heaved as he sighed out softly, his gaze flicking away from you. "Periwinkle." Your silence was his answer, but he nodded to himself when you giggled.

"Periwinkle? What's that about, huh?" He couldn't get an answer out even if he wanted to. You were a laughing mess and poking fun at his answer, but he wasn't surprised and took it with a grain of salt.

But watching your facial expression soften and your eyes gleam, he knew why he chose periwinkle. It was soft, graceful, elegant and gentle. Purple could be quite contrasting as a colour, and you were. You were jarring to watch or listen to sometimes.

But you were a soft, cool periwinkle; a colour that washed over him and made him feel secure. You were periwinkle, and he was jade.