Chapter Twenty-four

©P.B. Panes|24

“Oh my god! Tell me everything!” Jane’s voice shriek in excitement when I mention him what happened in the bakery. And I know she will not going to stop.

“I just told you that he wants our relationship to be official.” Never mentioning the events that happen before. Hugging the pillow, I buried my nose on the soft material and inhale Alexander’s scent that clung on the clothing.

“And then? What else did he say?”

“Just like that and nothing much.” Clutching the phone tightly on my ear, I lay down on the soft mattress. Alexander was inside his office after we have our dinner and I am happy that Jane called me. Besides, I don’t have the urge to sleep early.

“Nothing much?” Jane teases and I only chuckled at her comment. “Come on, hearing from what you told me, I bet he’s making you live under his roof?” And I stopped.

“Samantha?!” Jane gasped in question.

“Ye...s.”

“Wow!” Stopping in shock before she continues, “I can’t believe it! And how was it?”

“Good, I mean everything is good.” Aside from some complication involving Alexander being controlling and demanding.

“So does this mean you are officially moving with him?” Jane asked sounding wistful.

“Technically yes.” Besides I don’t have any choice in this kind arrangement but now that were settled, maybe I can ask him if I can stay some other time in my old apartment.

“If that is what you want, then I am okay with that… and I really miss you, Sam.”

“You know that I miss my best friend too.” I said giving energy to my voice, remembering all the things we had done crazy. “When will you going to come back?”

“It’s good that you ask me that, because it’s going to be next week!” Oh my gosh!  I nearly jump on my feet, shrieking in excitement. “And we are going to have our own girls’ night out.”

“Definitely!” I squeal in excitement.

“And I want to meet that boyfriend of yours sometime.” She said giggling on the other line. “How was school?”

“Everything is fine and next month the school year will be officially over.”

“And your work?”

“Work’s fine also and I have to tell you something when you get back here.”

***

I welcomed the silence of my office while sitting on my chair. Dark and comforting, I close my eyes for the briefest moment before my phone rings bringing me back from my slack.

“Yes.” I pronounced in Italian as I wait for the other line.

“Boss, we got a situation here.” Carlo announces making me shift on my chair. Situation has never been good.

“Santiago or the merchandise?”

And this better be good.