Chapter 9: Ink Illness

Cuphead's P.O.V.
I catch Bendy and shake him gently. "Bendy? Wake up, please!" I say, trying to blink off the tears forming in my eyes. "Let's go to the hospital, Mug!" I pick Bendy up and I see Felix. I forgot he was still here. "Hey, what happened to Bendy?" He asks concerned. I still don't trust him. "I-I dunno! B-But I'm going to the hospital right now!" I say and rush off to the vehicle.

-Timeskip-

We arrive at the hospital. Bendy's breathing is slowing down. Mug gets a doctor and they take Bendy away. "Cup... you're surprisingly calm..." Mug says. Honestly, I have so many different emotions right now that I don't know how to react to. "Y-Yeah... I'm fine..." I respond. I walk over to the waiting room and sit down. {What's going to happen to Bendy? Is he gonna die? Will he be okay? Why did he lie about being okay?} I wait and wait and wait. It's been a few hours but there's still no information on Bendy. Finally, a doctor comes out. I immediately get up and speed walk to him. "Hey! Is Bendy okay?" I ask. "Well... yes and no." He answers. "W-What do you mean yes and no?" "He is okay for now but he appears to have the ink illness." The doctor says. "What? No that can't be possible... we fixed the machine and cured everyone's illness!!!" I shout. "Sir, please calm down." The doctor says. "Felix." I say to myself then run out of the hospital and go to Felix's house. I bang on the door. He opens it. "Oh, hello Cuph-" I walk straight into his house. "Felix! The doctor said Bendy still has the ink illness! How is that possible?!?" "I-I dunno..." he says and gets on his computer. He then walks over to a vial that we stored the cure for the ink illness in. "Oh dear..." he says. "What? What does oh dear mean?" I ask. "It seems as if someone tampered with the vial we gave to Bendy. They added some chemicals to it... wait a second... this looks like the liquid I saw Lucifer carry around a few times!" Felix says. "That fucker!" I shout, startling Felix. "Thanks for the help, but I have to get back to Bendy." I run out the door.

Bendy's P.O.V.
I open my eyes only to be blinded by white lights. {Where am I?} As my eyes slowly adjust, I realize that I'm in a hospital room. As I try to recall what had happened to make me end up here, Cuphead comes through the door. "Bendy! You're alive!" He shouts and hugs me tightly. "Hehe of course I am, silly." I give him a small kiss on the cheek. "What happened?" I ask. He explains everything to me. "So, I still have the ink illness?" I shakily ask. He nods his head. "Dammit." I whisper to myself. "I'm sorry, Bends." Cup says. "Don't be sorry... you're not the one who did this." I give him a reassuring smile. One of the doctors comes in. "We have found a solution to rid you of your illness." He holds up a glass vial. "Hey, I already took that, remember?" I ask Cup. "Well, you did, Bends, but Lucifer mixed some chemicals into it so it only worked for a small amount of time." I explain. "This may have some small side effects that may last for a while. A few months to a year and they'll be gone forever." The doctor says. "Well...I'll see you when they're done, Bends." Cup says then gives me a kiss. "I love you." I say. He smiles and nods. Then he walks out of the room. "So, sir. Are you ready?" I nod my head.

-The next day-

Cuphead's P.O.V.
I run to the hospital, eager to see Bendy. Once I get in, I see Boris sleeping in the waiting room. I go to Dovil and tell her who I'm visiting. Once she tells me what room Bendy's in, I walk over to Boris and wake him up. "Boris. I'm gonna go see Bendy now. Wanna come with?" I ask. He rubs his eyes and nods. We walk down the hallway in silence. Once we arrive at the room number, I slowly open the door and see Bendy sleeping. "Must've been a long operation." Boris says. The doctor walks in. "Oh! Hello, sir." He addresses to me. "Hey, how is he?" I motion towards Bendy, sleeping peacefully in the bed. "Well... I have good news and bad news." {Ugh. Not again.} I brace myself then say, "I'd like to hear the good news first, please." He responds with, "The good news is, he is okay and the operation was great. The bad news is... he doesn't remember anything that has happened in the past year. Most likely he won't get any of those memories back." I suddenly feel very dizzy. "Boris?" I hear Bendy and look over at him. "Bendy!" Boris hugs him. "H-Hey heh. Umm why am I in a hospital?" He asks. "Ink illness." Boris says. "Oh... who's that?" Bendy points at me. My chest feels tight. "Is he your friend?" Bendy asks. "Bendy... he's your boyfriend." Boris says and looks at me sadly. "Hey, Bends... it's me, Cuphead. Remember?" I walk over to his bed and kneel down. "Umm no? I'm pretty sure this is the first time we're meeting." He says. I look down. {All those memories, lost. He doesn't remember our first kiss, our confessions, our dates, nothing. I don't think he'll even remember that he's, or  was, gay.} These thoughts take over my mind. {Will I ever have my boyfriend back? I wish this was all a nightmare. I just want my Bendy back.}

TOOO BEEE CONTINUUEEDDDD... 😱😱