Chapter 23: Hectic Holidays (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

•••
It was 5:00 which meant that Kat and Jessie's family should be heading her from the airport soon. I've never seen Kat so frantic in my life, she was running all around the place and couldn't sit once.

"Kat," I cleared my throat.

"What? I'm kind of busy here," She muttered but I grabbed her shoulders to keep her from walking away and made her face me.

"You're a control freak, I've known it since the day I met you. Just take a deep breath and calm down, go spend some time with your sister and get ready to enjoy this time with your family." I looked into her eyes and made sure she listened to every word I said.

She gave me an uneasy look before wrapping her arms around my waist and hugging me, "Thanks Luke, you always know what to say."

I hugged her back gently, "I just get you, that's all."

•••
|Katherine|
I'm so thankful to have Luke in my life, he knows my little quirks and knows how to deal with them. He's a great friend.....?

"Hey Jess, Lance texted me, they are five minutes away." I said as I knocked on my sister's door.

"I haven't seen them in a while. How do I look?" Jessie showed off her outfit: a red dress with some black heels and her hair in a ponytail but was also curled at the end.

"Like a movie star!" I gushed.

She whips her hair dramatically, "Well I am an actress!"

The sound of the elevator rang in my ears and sent shivers down my spine. I looked over at Jessie who shared the same expression, time to greet the family.

"Jessie, Kat!" My mom yelled at the top of her lungs before engulfing my sister and I into a huge embrace.

"Hi..mom...." Jessie managed to say as the air was being knocked out of her. My mom finally let us go but it wasn't long til our dad embraced us the same way.

"Look at my princesses! How you've grown!" My father wipes a tear from his eye.

"Dad, we haven't been gone long." I chuckled at his emotions.

"Still, it's been an awful long time for us,"

"Nice place!" Lance yells as he threw his duffel bag at my feet. "Hey little sis, big sis,"

Jake followed after with Connor at his side, "They live here????"

"Dude, this place is 'hella nice!" Connor looked like a little kid.

"Don't ruin anything here, you're lucky they are letting you idiots stay." I ordered at my brother's who just laughed and brushed me off.

The twins, Joey and Liam were the last to arrive but they were too busy arguing with each other that they didn't notice anything.

"You must be the Prescotts!" Mrs. Ross smiled brightly coming from the kitchen with Mr. Ross and the rest of the Ross clan right behind her.

"Yes, thank you very much for having us for Christmas!" My mother gushed and gave Mr. Ross a hug. As the parents exchanged words, I noticed Connor looking over at Emma, he winked at her as she blushed beet red.

I rushed over and placed my finger on his chest, "Don't even think about it, she's my best friend AND off limits."

Connor scoffed, "Are you telling me what to do, baby sister?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, big brother and if you don't do what I say, I will beat you to a pulp."

"Well these are our boys: Lance, the oldest, Jake, Connor, and the twins, Joey and Liam." My father motioned toward my brothers who just innocently smiled. Fake devils.

"If you don't mind me asking, are they yours?" Mr. Ross asked.

"They are my children from my previous marriage along with Katherine," My mother explained as I looked away shyly. I never really knew my real dad, my mom just said he was a deadbeat so I didn't ask many questions.

"Well these are our kids: Emma, the eldest, Luke, Ravi, Zuri, and this little baby is Maxina," Mrs. Ross introduces while holding Maxina who was biting her fingers. My mother, being a mother instantly began cooing at the baby, she couldn't resist.

"So you're Luke?" Joey raised an eyebrow. Oh no, here we go.

"Um yeah, nice to meet you, dude." Luke managed to say, even though he looked nervous as hell.

"Look—we may not act like we like our sister," Lance began to say.

"But we do care about her." Jake finished.

"So if you ever break her heart, we will break ever little bone in your body, got that?" Connor growled as I crossed my arms. Too late for that.

"O-of course, I really care about her." Luke mumbled.

I looked over at the display of our two families trying to connect and I just realized how different we all were: this is going to be an interesting visit.

Hello loves!

Sorry it took so long to update, school was being a little butt and my teachers decided to give me more work to do. But anyways....

Kat and Jessie's family has finally arrived and it looks like they are getting along. Connor and Emma sure are....*wink wink*

Kat's brothers gave Luke the "brother talk" but what do you think they will do once they find out what he did to Kat?

And will #Kuke grow in the next chapter? We'll have to see!

What do you want to see happen?! I love hearing your guys' ideas!

Also I've been meaning to say something in regards to this book and I will post what I have to say soon!