Cracking Heads

The 21st of June, 2014

"Eggsy, Gwen, Valentine's using someone else's satellite," Merlin said in an anxious voice over the two young adult's ear pieces, "He's gonna reconnect the chain. It's gonna take him no time at all. It's at twenty percent."

For a brief moment, there was quiet as Eggsy and Nicolette ran through the halls of Valentine's base.

Then Merlin broke the quiet, "Eggsy, Gwen, it seems Valentine's got a present for you. Get a move on!"

"That's what we're trying to do, Merlin," Nicolette quickly replied as she and Eggsy ran.

They rounded a corner and were met with gunfire.

Eggsy quickly opened his umbrella to shield them from the bullets. Nicolette would periodically peek her gun around the umbrella, trying to shoot the guards while Eggsy fired shots from the umbrella its self.

One of the guards then started to fire a heavy caliber gun, which punched holes through the umbrella like it was bought from a convenience store.

Thinking quickly, Nicolette pulled one of the hand grenades she had from her pocket before activating it and throwing it over the umbrella at the guards.

"It was great while it lasted," Eggsy muttered before ditching the damaged umbrella and grabbing a gun from one of the guards.

The two then went back to running through the base. Eventually, they ran into a large group of guards. But with no umbrella to provide cover, Nicolette started to recoil.

Eggsy did as well, putting his arm in front of Nicolette and pulling them both against one of the cell doors which was depressed against the wall.

Then more guards arrived on the other side of the hallway.

"Merlin, we're fucked," Eggsy said, his voice a little breathy.

"As am I," Merlin said after a moment.

"They're coming at us from both sides," Nicolette said, her mind racing, "We're out of options."

"Rox, Rox, I need a favor. Call my mum. Tell her to lock herself away from Dean. And the baby. And, tell her 'I love her,'" Eggsy instructed.

"And please, just send a message to my brother. Say, 'Excalibur's been stolen. Make sure you and mum are locked away from everyone and each other.' And tell him that 'I love them both,'" Nicolette said quickly.

Nicolette shut her eyes for a moment, then felt herself being hugged up against Eggsy.

"Eggsy," Nicolette said softly.

"Nic, I-," Eggsy started before his face changed, "Merlin. Remember those implants that you said were of no use to us? Any chance you can turn them on?"

Nicolette felt her eye shut tightly again, this time grabbing a fistful of Eggsy's suit coat. She also felt Eggsy's grip on her tighten as they both waited anxiously for Merlin to activate Valentine's security implants.

Then, she heard it.

The sound of a couple dozen heads exploding.

Nicolette opened her eyes in time to see one of the guards caps fly past her and Eggsy.

"Oh, my God! That was fucking spectacular!" Merlin mused.

"Merlin, you're a fuckin' genius!" Eggsy cried before kissing the top of Nicolette's head.

This caused the young woman to blush.

This moments was short lived, however, as whoever was being kept behind the door Nicolette and Eggsy were standing in front of started to pound against the door.

"What the fuck is happening out there?" A woman's voice yelled.

Both Nicolette and Eggsy pulled away from the door a little to look at it before Eggsy reached to open the hatch on the door.

From behind, a blonde woman could be seen.

"Aren't you that princess that went missin'?" Eggsy asked.

"Princess Tilde!" Nicolette said in surprise.

"Can you get me out?" Princess Tilde asked.

"Well if I do, will you give me a kiss? I've always wanted to kiss a princess," Eggsy said with a cheeky smirk.

This didn't make Nicolette all too happy. And what was said after didn't help.

"If you get me out right now, I'll give you more than just a kiss," Tilde said quickly.

Eggsy moved to open the door just as the speakers came to life.

"You motherfuckers. Did you really think I was stupid enough to implant one of those things in my own head?" Valentine asked over the speakers, "What're you, fucking crazy? All those innocent people killed, and for what? You didn't, stop, shit! It's still happening!"

"Eggsy, Gwen, the signal's started!" Merlin said in a worried voice, "Get Valentine's hand off that bloody desk now!"

Nicolette quickly moved to grab a new gun from one of the dead guards but Eggsy didn't move.

"Come on! We've gotta go!" Nicolette said in slight anger.

"Sorry, love. Gotta save the world," Eggsy said with a shrug to Princess Tilde.

"If you save the world, we can do it in the asshole?" Princess Tilde offered.

Eggsy was silent for a moment.

Then Nicolette should've expected his answer.

"I'll be right back," Eggsy said in an even voice.

Now Nicolette was pissed off at Valentine and Eggsy. Though she really only had a right to be mad at Valentine.

Eggsy first moved to grab a new gun as well, then started to run towards Nicolette.

"Good luck!" Tilde called in a sing-song voice.

The two then ran to where Valentine was. Once they made it back to the "ballroom," which now had fireworks going off inside it and upbeat music playing, they started to fire at the glass that separated the "ballroom" from where Valentine was.

Valentine and Gazelle ducked down from the gunfire and got behind the desk. Their actions were followed by the music and fireworks stopping.

"You did it!" Merlin said, slightly stunned.

"Not quite. He's not dead yet," Nicolette said quickly as she and Eggsy continued to fire at the glass, "How do I get up there?"

"Keep shooting. I'll find a route."

"Understood."

Eggsy and Nicolette both quickly went to change magazines in their guns. When they looked up, Gazelle was jumping from the walled off room, through the glass, shooting at them with a hand gun.

"Shit!" Nicolette said, quickly holding the rifle up to guard her head.