A Bespoke Suit

The 17th of June, 2014

"Sebastian," Nicolette said after a small period of quiet as she was folding fabric, "Would it be alright if I took Eggsy's measurements for his suit instead of Andrew?"

"Only if he is okay with that," Sebastian said, glancing over his shoulder at Nicolette.

"Eggsy or Andrew?"

"Both of them, I suppose."

It was only a few moments after that was said before Harry and Eggsy re-emerged from fitting room three.

"Ah, perfect timing," Sebastian said, noticing the pair, "Gentleman's just finished."

As if on cue, the door to fitting room one opened, revealing Richmond Valentine to Harry and Eggsy.

"Mr. DeVere!" Valentine said in pleasant surprise, "What a coincidence! You are totally the reason I am here. When you left my house, I was thirsting for that dope-ass smoking jacket you had on! And since I'm going to Royal Ascot, and apparently you need one of these penguin suits, here I am. What're you doing here?" Valentine then seemed to notice Eggsy, "What's up, man?" He then offered his hand for Eggsy to shake, "Richmond Valentine."

Eggsy took and shook Valentine's hand.

"This is my new valet. I was just introducing him to my tailor," Harry improvised an explanation.

"Another coincidence. So am I," Valentine said as the woman behind him stepped forward.

"Have you had any chance to think further on my proposal?" Harry asked.

"Most definitely. My people will be getting in touch with you very soon. I guarantee it."

"A word of advice. Ascot requires top hat. I might suggest Lock and Co. Hatters. Saint James'."

"'Lox' as in smoked fish?" Valentine asked.

"As in, 'locked up,'" Harry clarified.

"Oh," Valentine said with a chuckle, "I have trouble understanding you people sometimes. You all, talk so funny."

With that, Valentine started to leave, the woman who had come in with him leaving behind him.

"Lady and Gentlemen, would you look after him, please?" Harry asked before starting to leave behind Valentine.

"Shall I call the hatter for you?" Nicolette asked.

"No, I will take care of that myself," Harry said before leaving out the shop as well.

Andrew motioned for Eggsy to enter the fitting room, but Nicolette spoke up as Eggsy started to take a step forward.

"Actually, Andrew," Nicolette started, "Would either of you mind if I took his measurements?"

Nicolette had part-timed in the shop when she was new to Kingsman and had yet to build a solid field reputation for herself.

"I don't have an issue, Miss," Andrew said, taking the measuring tape from around his neck.

"Eggsy?" Nicolette asked, looking at her friend.

Eggsy looked from Nicolette, to Andrew, then back to Nicolette.

"Sure. Why not?" Eggsy asked with a shrug.

"Very well," Nicolette said before walking around from behind the desk to beside Andrew.

She held out her hand for the measuring tape.

"Pen and paper are already on the table, Miss," Andrew said.