Injustice (2)-Batman x Reader

Dedicated to Astraea_Eos

   Y/N'S POV

  I tapped my foot, as Batman talked to Harley Quinn. Yes, THE Harley Quinn. It was still gonna take some time for me to get used to her being on our side, since she was whom Batman and I were after normally.
  After what happened with Joker, I was glad Harley took that as a chance to try to change. She didn't let her history get in the way of that, so I was happy for her.

  Soon, Harley got done talking to Batman and Harley blew me a kiss, yelling,"Bye, Y/N!! I'll miss ya!!"

  I laughed and yelled back,"Bye, Harls!! I'll miss you, too!!"

  Harley made her way out before Batman wrapped his arms around me.

  He gazed into my eyes and asked me,"You still with me?"

  I chuckled and said,"Am I ever not on your side? Of course, Batman."

  Batman smiled and pecked my lips, but I pulled him in for another kiss. Batman just pulled me closer and responded quickly, but then I pulled away slowly.

  I blushed, explaining myself,"Sorry. I..umm..really love your kisses. Sorry. I won't do it again."

  Bruce removed one of his arms from around me and rested his hand on my face saying,"Don't apologize for that. I love your kisses, too."

  I smiled. However, I hated to bring a certain subject up with Bruce again, but we needed to talk about it. It was important.

  I asked Batman,"What are we going to do about Damian?"

  Batman's face dropped, but he sighed saying,"I don't know. I have enough stuff on my mind right now. If Damian wants Superman to be his father figure, then let him. It's his choice."

  Batman walked over to the table, and I said,"Bruce. Listen to yourself. I know you're acting like you're fine with Damian being gone, but I know it's killing you on the inside. It's eating you up, really, but you've just been Batman for so long that you've literally taught yourself how to get rid of all emotions in public. Unless someone really makes you mad, but I've learned more about you knowing you for these last couple of years."

  Bruce shifted uncomfortably, which let me know he was hearing me.

  I walked up beside him and rested my hand on his shoulder saying,"I care about Damian, too, Bruce. He was like a son to me, but so was Dick. If Dick were here, you know he would want you to talk to Damian. At the end of the day, Damian's blood is still your own. Look, Talia may not be around, but I refuse to let you miss your opportunity to bring Damian back. If family is everything to you still, don't give up on him."

  Bruce was quiet for a few moments, but when he looked at me, I hadn't even noticed he had tears in his blue eyes.
  My own eyes softened, and Bruce just hugged me before I hugged him back.

  I said,"It's okay, Batman. It's okay."

  Batman hugged me tighter, and Green Arrow and Black Canary walked into the new Batcave.

  They realized what was going on, and Dinah mumbled,"We'll come back later."

  I sent her a smile and waved to Oliver before they walked out.

  Bruce went to pull away from the hug, but I said,"Ah Ah Ah, Batman. There's no need to ruin the moment. They saw you, but no one's gonna judge you. Promise."

  Then, Batman kissed my cheek.

  After another minute or two, I pulled away from the hug before I said,"I know you're scared of Damian rejecting you, but I'll be right there with you. If he doesn't want to come back, then we'll be all right knowing we tried. All I'm asking is for you to come with me to try to get him back. Regardless, I'll always believe that you make a pretty amazing father. Who wouldn't want Batman as their father? Just know, if we ever get married, you will be our child's father and I'm okay with that."

  Batman smiled at me and moved forward to kiss me, but I mumbled,"Be thinking of a way to propose to me. I want you to put some work in it."

  He laughed and kissed me before I kissed him back. Batman held on and stroked my cheek, and I blushed.

  Batman sent a wink my way and said,"Noted."

  I turned to Bruce and said,"You still with me?"

  Batman realized I used his exact words from earlier towards him before he tried to mimic my voice saying,"Am I ever not on your side? Of course, Batman."

  I hit his shoulder saying,"I don't talk like that, Bruce."

  Bruce said,"Yes, you do."

  I just stared at Batman before he tried to clear the tension saying,"I love you."

  As much as I wanted to tackle him, I just smiled and rested my hand on his shoulder, replying,"I love you more."