The Letter

FOREWARNING:

I wrote this story back when I was 13, and I admit, it's not my best work. It's filled with errors and plot holes. Please don't point them out to me becuase frankly, I don't care. This story is up simply because I want to keep the comments and it's a reminder of how far my writing has come in the three years its been since I wrote it. If you are interested in reading some of my newer works, aka, better works, check out my profile! 

Hey guys! So this is my first story! I hope that you like it! By the way: I did NOT steal this plot or anything in this story from any other story. I just love stories like this so I decided to write one myself!

Lots of Love,

Me!
(P.S. Check out my newest story, Defining Maddi!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1:

The Letter :

Gia saw the envelope and dropped all of the other mail knowing immediately what it was, even before I opened it. I felt the tears well up in my eyes and my throat close up. This couldn't be happening. Not again. I could hear my dad walking up behind me but I couldn't move. My dad bent down to pick up the other mail with a confused look on his face. He saw the envelope and the tears silently sliding down my face. He dropped the mail, the silent thud snapping me out of my trance.

"What's wrong?" He asked, concern filling his voice. I just turned and looked at him. Why? Why now? Everything had just got back to being normal! I wordlessly handed him the letter. His eyes grew wide as he read the letter.

"How long?" I asked, my voice horse and cracking. He sighed.

"Ten to Twelve months." He said softly, the sadness visible in his voice. I couldn't say anything. I could barley breath.

"I thought that they said that you were done." I said.

"They said I was done unless they absolutely needed me. So if they need me for this long things can't be good." He said.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked, scared of the answer.

"I don't know honey. I just don't know." He said, starting to shake.

"You can't send me to her!" I half yelled at him. He knew that she hated me and would more then likely kill me before the first 6 months.

"Even if you could I still would never send you to live with that grade A witch." He said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, confused.

"I mean that your mom was arrested two days ago for child abuse and drugs." He said.

"Do not call her my mom. She may have given birth to me but she will never ever be my mom." I said with pure hatred. Dad sighed and pulled me into a hug. I cried. Today was the first time that in 10 years. I never cry. Ever.

The last time that I had cried I was 10. It was the day of my sister and brothers funeral. They had been in the car with my dad on the way home from the super market when they had been hit by a drunk driver. My sister Lola and brother Josh had been killed upon impact. Kayla, my ex-mom, went crazy. Six months later her and my dad got a divorce. I haven't talked to her since. I haven't ever even thought of her and I was ok with it.

I was sitting on my bed. I had just finished packing all my belongings and was now sitting on my bed.

My dad shook me awake.

"It's time." He said. I stood up. I stood up and walked into the living room.

"I love you daddy." I said, my voice cracking. I could do this. I was NOT going to cry.

"I love you to." He said. He wrapped his arms around me and we just stood there. A knock on the door interrupted the silence. Dad opened the door and I saw a very well dressed man sanding in-front of me.

"Brent?" The man asked.

"Yea, it's me. Hey Will, how's it going?" My dad asked.

"Good." Will replied. "You ready?" Will asked me. I nodded. I bent down to pick up my single suite case that had my pillow on top. "Is that all?" Will asked sounding surprised. I nodded. I didn't have very much. I hugged my dad one last time before following Will down the stairs of the apartment building.

The car ride was really awkward. Neither of us talked very much. Will handed me my ticket and we went through security. We boarded the plane and I fell asleep before they had even taken off.

Will shook me awake as the flight started to descend. I looked around groggy and sat up and unbuckled my seatbelt when the plane landed. I walked over to the luggage claim and before I even got half way there Will was walking towards me with my luggage. I hadn't even realized that he had left. He came over to me and as soon as I reached for my bag he pulled it away insisting that he carried it. We walk together for a few more minutes before we reached a sign that read Bakers. Will walked up to the guy holding the sign and we walk to a limo. Will opened the door for me and I got inside. Will slid in across from me so we were facing each other.

"Hey dad." Said a deep voice from beside me. I screamed and jumped, hitting my head on the hood of the car.

"Blake!" Will shouted.

"Who's this dad?" Blake asked turning to face me. All that i could do was sit there and stare. This was without bout the most perfect boy that i had ever seen. He had light blond hair and bright clear blue eyes. He was indescribable. He looked like he had just stepped off the pages off a magazine. And it was obvious that he worked out. He was buff.

"Blake i would like for you to meet Gia. She's the girl that I told you and your brothers about." Will said. I snapped out of my trance. Wait. What? Brothers?

"Does she know about us yet?" Blake asked. I was getting more and more confused by the minute.

"I don't think so." Will said.

"Can I tell her?" Blake asked, a smile playing across his face.

"Go for it." Will said leaning backwards. We were pulling up to a freaking HUGE mansion. As the guy parked the limo Blake looked at me, smiling.

"Gia, did you know that I have 15 brothers?" Blake said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys! How was it? Should I continue or forget it?

Lots of Love,

Me!