School

Chapter 6:

School:

I stepped out of the elevator and the first thing I saw was Jake. He saw me then rolled his eyes and stormed off, Blake right behind him. I sighed and felt like a ton of weight had been put on my shoulders. I trudged into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of milk. Em walked in and handed me my backpack and a pair of car keys. I was confused.

“You have your license, right?” Em asked. I nodded. She smiled and I followed her to the garage. She stopped in front of a white convertible corvette with a huge bow on the hood. The top was down.

“Your kidding me right?” I asked. Em just shook her head, still smiling. She put my bag in the front seat. I got in the car and saw that there was a note that said no take backs! In Em’s handwriting. I saw that the gas tank was full and there was a hot chocolate from Starbuck in the cup holder. I was still speechless. 

“I can’t take this!” I said.

“You can and will. Think of it as a welcome gift!” Em said. “Now go before your late to school!” Em said. I started the car and was about to pull out when I saw Carter running out.

“Mom! I need a ride. Jake and Blake left without me. There really mad about something.” Carter said in a rush. He paused when he saw me. “Nice car Gia!” He exclaimed.

“Hop in!” I said. He smiled and got in the passengers seat. 

“Bye Mom!” He yelled. 

“Bye Em! Thank you so so much!” I yelled.

“Bye guys! Have fun!” She yelled walking into the house. 

The car ride was silent for the most part. 

“Your so lucky! I didn’t know they got you a car!” Carter said as we pulled into the school parking lot. I could feel everyone staring at us. I turned off the car and turned to Carter.

“If you ever need a ride anywhere, come find me. K’?” I said. 

“Can I ride home with you?” Carter asked.

“Definably.” I said with a grin. We got out of the car and slung my bag over my shoulder. 

“Hey! Can I have your number so that I can text you if I need a ride.” Carter asked. I looked down, embarrassed.

“I don’t have a phone.” I said in a small voice. 

“Oh. Ok.” Carter said. He pulled out his phone and sent a quick text and seconds later it buzzed with a reply. 

“Hey, what’s your favorite color?” Carter asked.

“White. Why?” I asked.

“Just wondering.” He said, typing on his phone. “Well this is where I leave you.” Carter said. I realized that we were at the front office now.

“Thanks.” I said.

“No problem!” Carter said

He walked off and I went into the office. 

“I’m  Gia Brown, I’m new here.” I told the lady at the front desk. She handed me a piece of paper without ever looking at me. 

I walked out and went to homeroom. I looked around and didn’t see anyone that I knew. The teacher wasn’t here yet and so I sat down to a pretty blond girl. She turned to me.

“Hi! Im Roseanne but you can call me Rose!” She said. “You must be Gia.” 

“Yea. How did you know?” I asked.

“Two ways. It’s on the top of your schedule and you were supposed to start here five days ago. I have you in all classes.” She said. I decided then and there that I liked her already. Right then the teacher walked in and saw me.

“You must be Gia?” He asked. I nodded. “Well I’m Mr. Davis.” He said. Right then Jake walked in. He stopped short when he saw me. 

“What are YOU doing here?!” He hissed. I put on the sweetest smile I could manage. 

“Well, let’s see. I think that it’s pretty obvious. I’m in this class.” I shot back. He glared at me before storming to the back of the room. 

“Woah! What happened between you two?” Rose asked. 

“I’ll tell you later.” I said.

As soon as the bell rang we walked into the hall. Jake came up behind me. 

“Hey Gia! I hear that your a witch” Blake yelled. I spun on my heels.

“Well I know for a FACT that your a jerk!” I shot back. Rose grabbed me and dragged me into a classroom. 

“Where are we?” I asked.

“Our next class!” I looked around and saw four other kids. They were all in a circle on the floor. Rose dragged me over. There were two other girls and two guys.

“Guys this is Gia, Gia this is Lexa, Ann, Jace, and Zac.” She said.

“Gia? As in the same Gia that insulted Jake Baker a few minutes ago!?” Jace asked. I nodded. 

“Oh my god! Whats wrong with you?!” Lexa said.

“Umm..” I said. Rose turned to me.

“Explain whats going on between you two!” She said.

“What are you talking about?” Zac said. 

“We don’t exactly get along.” I said. 

“Why?” Ann asked.

“He’s a jerk that likes to slam doors and storm out of rooms.” I said. Everyone looked really confused.

“He’s always really nice to us.” Rose said.

“Well he’s not nice to me.” I said. “End of story.” I said.

“Hey! Did you arrive to school in a corvette?” Lexa asked. I nodded.

“Was Carter Baker in the car?” Zac asked. Again I nodded.

“So how do you even know the Bakers?” Jace asked.

“I live with them.” I said. Everyone’s jaw dropped.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So what do you think of Jake? Let me know how it is! Still need character ideas!

              Lots of Love,

                                     Me!