"Well sir-"

"Why did you get my daughter into drinking?! If you won't have a drink with me right now, why drink with her?" My father raises his voice, hitting the table with his fist.

Ben kind of flinches back a bit.

"Sir I-I'm sorry, I-"

"Father! Chill okay?!"

"My bad," My father lowers his voice and smiles. "So why not drink with me?"

"I just don't think it's an appropriate time to drink," Ben explains.

My father kind of just snorts.

"When someone offers you a drink, especially if it's your girlfriends father, you accept!!" My father raises his voice again.

"Can I have a word with you?!" I screech.

I stand up and walk outside. I take deep breaths, I'm gonna lose it.

My father comes out after me.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"What's wrong?! Father you said you'd have an open mind! You said you were gonna give him a chance! Now you're grilling him so bad he's gonna have third degree burns forever! Cool it! I love him, please do this for me! And if you can't accept it, then at least act civil," I sternly talk.

I walk back inside and play a fake smile.

"I'm sorry about that," I rest my hand on Ben's shoulder.

"Benjamin I think you should leave," My father walks back in.

"Oh um-" Ben goes to stand up.

"No, sit down," I tell him, he sits back down.

"You're obviously not the one for my daughter and you no longer have any business being in my house,"

Ben looks like he's about to blow a fuse.

"Josh, we haven't even finished dinner, give him a chance," My mom tells him.

"I will not have this bad influence in my daughters life!" My father yells.

Ben stands up, knocking the chair over.

"Mr. Banks! I love your daughter! She makes me the happiest I've ever been, I would give anything to see her, to see her smile, I'd do anything to make her happy, I wake up happy everyday knowing that I have her, that I get to be the one who makes her smile, all I ever want for her is the best! My intentions are only good for her, I couldn't imagine hurting her! Gosh, if I ever hurt her.. I wouldn't know what to do with myself, I promise you sir, you let me be with her I will treat her like a queen, I like to think that I treat her like I'm chasing her so she always knows she's the only one I want, and you don't even have to like me, that is okay if you don't like me because I can't change that, but please, let me be with her, I will never leave her side, I will always be here for her through everything!" Ben breathes heavily.

"Ben," My father cracks a smile. "That is all you had to say," My father walks up and hugs Ben.

He looks at me shocked as he hugs my father back.

"T-Thank you sir,"

"My pleasure Ben, take good care of my daughter," He shakes Ben's hand.

"I will, I promise,"

My father smiles at Ben as we sit back down.

We finish dinner and now Ben's on his way out.

"Goodnight Roni," Ben hugs me.

"Goodnight," I grin up at him.

"Night Ben," My parents say.

"Goodnight, thank you for dinner," Ben smiles as he closes the door.

I turn around smiling bright.

"Thank you so much dad!! Thank you, thank you, thank you," I hug him tight.

"You're welcome hun," My father chuckles. "Now, it's getting late, why don't you head upstairs to bed,"

Josh's POV

"See Josh, I told you that would help mend things between you and Veronica," Sasha grins as she takes the plates from the table.

"I can tell how happy Ben makes her, I just needed Ben to be a man and stand up for himself," I tell Sasha. "That's why I was so hard on him tonight,"

"Did you notice that she didn't call you father just now, she called you dad," She smiles.

"Gosh I didn't notice, I can feel things getting better,"