39 | christmas wonderland

Start from the beginning

"we should finish decorating the tree," jinyoung mused. "can you pass me that box of baubles?"

jaebum sat cross-legged on the carpet watching jinyoung put the finishing touches to the christmas tree.

jinyoung turned and looked back at him. "aren't you going to help?" he accused playfully.

"huh? oh... right," said jaebum, and shuffled over a tiny bit.

"hey..." said jinyoung, and put down the decorations he held. he sat right opposite jaebum and wriggled his hands into jaebum's warmer ones. "jaebum... tell me the truth on this one..."

jaebum met his eyes and looked at him questioningly.

"do you not like christmas or something?"

jaebum inhaled slowly, and exhaled even slower. "to tell you the truth, jinyoungie, i don't think i've ever had a real christmas."

jinyoung gasped in shock. "never?!" he squeaked.

"because of my dad... and then my mom..." jaebum told him. "well, christmas was just as shitty as the rest of the year."

"jaebumie," jinyoung pouted, and squeezed his hands tightly. "is this why you've been acting weird whenever i mention christmas? you should've just told me!"

jaebum shrugged and smiled a little. "well, you know now, jinyoungie, don't you?"

jinyoung huffed. "now i've got to make sure this is the best christmas ever," he whined. "do you know how much pressure that is?"

"i'm sure you'll manage," jaebum smirked at him.

"OH MY GOD!" jinyoung shrieked then, suddenly remembering something. "we have got to go to christmas wonderland. it opened today! it's a christmas must."

jaebum looked at him cluelessly. "what's christmas wonderland?"

jinyoung's jaw dropped. "what's christmas wonderland?" he repeated, standing up dramatically. "WHAT'S CHRISTMAS WONDERLAND?!"

"jinyoungie, can you just explai-"

"christmas wonderland is the most amazing christmassy thing to ever exist! mark and i have gone there every single year together, without fail. i've never missed a christmas wonderland in my whole life!"

jaebum laughed at him. "okay, but what is it?"

"oh, right," said jinyoung. "it's basically a funfair that comes to town every winter, and it's got loads of rides, and ice skating, and food, and a big wheel! though... i guess mark will want to go with jackson this year..."

jaebum stood up as well then. "looks like you'll have to miss your first christmas wonderland then," he remarked.

"no way!" jinyoung said stubbornly. he was very passionate about christmas wonderland. "you'll have to come with me instead."

"so i'm your backup option then?" said jaebum with a teasing smile.

"no! i just- oh, please come with me," jinyoung begged.

"well, if you say so," said jaebum, "i'll take you to the funfair."

jinyoung's face spread into a joyous grin. "thank you!" he said, jumping into jaebum's arms.

jaebum hugged him tightly, wrapping his arms snugly around him.

"now," he said, "since i'm finally getting into christmas, shouldn't we put a star on top of the tree or something?"

jinyoung yelped and rummaged through the decorations box to find a golden star. "can you give me a lift?" he asked.

jaebum bent down and jinyoung climbed on his back, curling his legs around jaebum's hips, and jaebum holding him up safely by the thighs.

jinyoung reached up and placed the star at the top of the tree. then he wrapped his arms around jaebum's shoulders, nestling his face into his neck.

"this is going to be the best christmas," he murmured, "the perfect christmas."

_____________________

a/n: sup ma dudes

i promise to complete the
actual christmas day chapter
before new year hopefully,
but at least by the time i go
back to school, which is jan 9th

shoutout to my bro jinyoung1e
who is a lit friend of mine and
got inspired by this book to
write her own jjp fic!

((i literally died when this
happened, i was so proud of
myself ahahahahahahah))

it's called 'unbelievable' i think
go check it out!! x x x x x

actually u know wat i think
i will try and update like
crazy this weekend to get
christmas and new year
chapters complete

so watch out in ur notifs ♡♡