17 | hey asshats

loading messages...

im jaebum
new messages (1)

mork
no new messages.

group chat > BOTTOMS
no new messages.

____________________

things had been pretty shitty all week.

youngjae was a ghost around school, flitting between classes, avoiding almost everyone in sight, and disappearing just before you could approach him.

bambam wasn't hanging around the football team recently. he hadn't been so much for a while, but jinyoung hadn't seen him and them in the same room for the entire week.

as for mark, jinyoung had no clue what he was up to. he hadn't messaged him all week, which was weird for mark. he was the kind of person to text random stuff at any hour of the day. jinyoung couldn't figure out why he was being so distant.

"and so i have no friends," jinyoung muttered to himself on his way to class that friday morning.

it was the period before lunch, literature class, and jinyoung's stomach was rumbling. and they had a test.

"fuck you, miss kim," jinyoung murmured with a sigh.

the test dragged that lesson, with jinyoung's focus failing, and jaebum shuffling and fidgeting beside him. he couldn't wait for it to be over.

"alright, time to hand in your essays," said miss kim brightly at the end of the lesson.

jinyoung slapped his paper on the pile and skulked out of the classroom towards his locker. he rummaged around inside in search of cash, hoping for something hot in the cafeteria.

"park jinyoung?" said a voice behind him.

jinyoung gave up on his search for cash and turned around. "oh, hi, jaebum," he said.

"miss kim just looked over my essay quickly at the end of class," said jaebum, trying to look casual.

"really? what did she say?"

"she said it looked pretty good," jaebum shrugged.

jinyoung finally cracked a smile. "that's great!" he said encouragingly.

his stomach promptly rumbled, catching jaebum's attention. jaebum's eyes followed the sound downwards, whilst jinyoung clutched his stomach protectively.

"hungry and broke," jinyoung laughed bitterly.

on fridays he usually got breakfast before school with mark, but mark had managed to skip out on him that week.

jaebum met his eyes thoughtfully, and pressed a crumpled ten dollar bill into jinyoung's palm. jinyoung stared at it, a tingle running up his arm at jaebum's touch.

"i..." he gulped, and regained his resolve. "i can't accept this."

"just take it," said jaebum gruffly. "buy something to eat."

jinyoung fiddled with the bill between his thumb and forefinger, before eventually saying, "i'll pay you back next week."

"no need," said jaebum breezily. "i've got another way for you to return the favour."