06 | fix a friend

"we could've watched spiderman together," mark grumbled the following saturday morning. "why'd you have to invite youngjae round?"

"mark!" jinyoung snapped, throwing a pillow at his friend. "six weeks ago you would--"

"things are different now," mark interrupted. "it's awkward."

"yeah, and you're making it more awkward," said jinyoung. "look, i promised youngjae we could watch bambi together, okay? stop being annoying and help me fix things, will you?"

"okay, okay," mark relented. "but bambi though? i don't understand how a guy who likes bambi could have fucked the whole football team."

"exactly," said jinyoung, snapping his fingers. "which is why i reckon there's something not quite right with the youngjae slut story."

"well, the story was started by im j--"

"don't say his name!" said jinyoung with a sharp inhale of air, "please."

suddenly, the doorbell rang and jinyoung jumped up to answer it. he was determined that although he couldn't get the truth out of im jaebum, he might still be able to fix his friendship with youngjae.

"hi," said youngjae softly as jinyoung opened the front door.

"hey, youngjae!" said jinyoung, as cheerfully as he could muster. "we've got popcorn and marshmallows, and those little chocolate shapes things you like. are you hungry? come inside. the movie's ready and everything..."

jinyoung felt himself rambling as he watched youngjae take off his shoes and coat and come inside. mark joined them in the living room and they all sat down to watch the movie.

the silence was deafening, so jinyoung pressed play.

they weren't long into the film when mark started talking. "so... who've you been hanging with recently, youngjae?" he asked. jinyoung kicked his shin and mark swore under his breath. 

"just... bambam," youngjae mumbled, blinking a little under the stares of the two other boys. 

"oh, what about yugyeom?" jinyoung suggested. "i swear him and bambam are always together. are they dating?"

"dude, yugyeom's dating jungkook," said mark. "how didn't you know? everyone knows that."

"sorry," said jinyoung, drawing out the word. "anyway, can you stop talking over the movie? it's distracting."

mark just shrugged. but as soon as he shut his mouth, his phone started ringing on full volume. jinyoung pressed his lips together in annoyance. today was supposed to be having fun with youngjae. 

mark picked up his phone to check the caller id. frowning, he stepped out of the room to answer it. "hello?"

though youngjae was now absorbed in the story of bambi, jinyoung tuned his ears into mark's phone call outside. most of what mark said was in sharp whispers, so jinyoung strained his ears to listen. 

"how did you get my number? i told you-- what? no. no, i'm serious. i'm busy. i can't..."

jinyoung's attention suddenly turned to youngjae who was quietly crying beside him. "youngjae?" jinyoung blurted, eyes wide, "are you okay? what's wrong?"

youngjae just pointed a sweater-hidden finger at the screen. "they're hunting him down," he whispered. 

jinyoung relaxed a little. youngjae was just getting too caught up in the plot. but jinyoung couldn't help thinking... did youngjae feel threatened by what was happening at school? the answer, jinyoung guessed, was probably yes. but he still didn't know the truth about what happened.

"shut up," came mark's voice from the next room. "tomorrow? fine. yeah, fine..." he shortly returned and sat, expressionless, on the sofa the other side of jinyoung. 

"who was that?" jinyoung frowned at him. 

mark swallowed. "just... a mate," he said. "is there any popcorn left?"

after youngjae had gone home, and jinyoung had forced mark to leave, jinyoung flopped back on the sofa and got out his phone. 

UNBLOCK FUCKBOY FROM CONTACTS [?]

continue | cancel

me:
tell me the truth about youngjae or else

fuckboy:
or else what?

fuckboy:
you've got nothing on me jinyoungie

me:
what is your problem??

fuckboy:
you are baby

me:
wtf

fuckboy:
make up your mind will u?

me:
i'm already saying no to you

fuckboy:
just leave me blocked then

me:
i need to find out the truth

fuckboy:
i'm not the only one who knows

fuckboy:
go ask youngjae

me:
fuck off

fuckboy:
u say that every time we talk

me:
that's because i hate you

fuckboy:
baby stop

fuckboy:
you've got my number 

fuckboy:
don't ask any more questions

fuckboy:
just call me if u need a good time

me:
i can't stand you

fuckboy:
and that's why i like u [unsent]

BLOCK FUCKBOY FROM CONTACTS [?]

block | cancel