49 | three little words

there was no answer when he knocked on the front door.

"fuck," jaebum cursed, biting his lip with worry.

he should've known better. he should have gone round when jinyoung didn't answer his calls. he left it too long.

jinyoung's parents were out, that much was clear from the empty driveway. jaebum searched under the plantpot to the left of the doormat to find the spare key. the parks had liked him enough to trust him with it.

he doubted they'd like him now.

"hello?" jaebum called as he unlocked the front door and let himself into the house.

it was quiet, almost silent, and the bright festivity of the christmas decorations had been taken down. nobody answered his call.

jaebum raced up the stairs. he knew where jinyoung would be. he knew where jinyoung's safe place was when he was sad.

i made him sad, was the thought that ran through his head.

"jinyoungie?" jaebum yelled as he reached the top of the stairs and cornered round to jinyoung's bedroom door. "jinyoung, are you in there?"

the moment he stopped speaking, silence engulfed the house once more.

jaebum tried the door handle. it was locked. "i know you're in there," he said, "please just let me explain."

there was another long silence and the clock at the top of the stairs kept ticking, ticking, ticking...

"fuck off."

jaebum's heart twisted at the monotone that greeted him from the other side of the door.

"you have to believe me," jaebum tried to explain, "i didn't send those messages. i only just read them when-"

"i said fuck off!" yelled the voice from inside. it was louder, closer now, and jaebum wondered how far jinyoung was from the door.

"jinyoung-"

"i don't want to hear anything you have to say. and i never want to see your face again, so you should leave."

he was trying to sound strong, but his voice was just broken and came out between barely restrained sobs.

"but-"

"i said get out!"

jaebum gave a heavy sigh and rested his forehead against the door. it seemed hopeless. but he knew he couldn't leave until he made jinyoung believe the truth.

jinyoung stared at the door from the other side and clamped a hand to his mouth to muffle the sobs. his brain was a mess and all he'd done all week was hide under his covers, silent in the darkness of his bedroom. even now, the blinds remained shut.

why couldn't jaebum just leave? he'd done enough damage. what could he possibly have left to gain?

jinyoung crossed to the door and rested a palm against it as the tears continued to stream down his face. he'd been good at not crying the last few days he'd been hiding away, but jaebum's voice had made him crack. jinyoung wondered if he'd left yet.

"jinyoungie," said a voice after what felt like a long time, "you have to believe me. i didn't send those messages. i didn't get my phone back until last friday, after they were sent. i would never do anything to hurt you... please..."

jinyoung felt broken inside. over the last few days he'd managed to convince himself that jaebum was the awful person he always was, and that he'd been stupid to fall for him.

but the tone of his voice said otherwise. he was truthful.

"please, jinyoung," jaebum continued, his voice getting choked up all of a sudden, "i didn't mean for any of this to happen. i really like you... a lot. i..."

jinyoung listened to the nervous hesitation, and slowly began to unlock the door. "i'm sorry for doubting you," he whispered.

the moment the door swung open, jaebum took jinyoung into his arms, wrapping him in a crushing embrace. he rested his cheek against the other boy's hair and sobbed, never wanting to let go.

"all this time, i thought you'd changed from the person everyone thought you were," jinyoung murmured, sniffing back his own tears, "but those texts tore me apart..."

"i am different," jaebum mumbled into his hair, "better. because of you."

jinyoung wrapped his arms snugly around jaebum's back and breathed in his scent, sighing. he smelled like he always did - of home.

"i should've come by, should've known something was wrong. but i had no idea until i got my phone fixed today."

jinyoung pulled away slightly to meet his eyes. "it was broken?" he asked in surprise.

jaebum nodded. "and i'm pretty sure i know who did all this."

jinyoung bit his lip anxiously. "are you going to go after them?"

jaebum paused, and slowly shook his head. "people do bad things," he conceeded, "and everybody has their reasons. i guess i'd know better than most. so i'll let him go."

jinyoung suddenly smiled and pressed his tear-stained lips to jaebum's. jaebum chuckled in surprise, but happily kissed him back.

"i know we haven't known each other long..." jinyoung began once they parted, "but i think i..."

"i love you," jaebum blurted.

jinyoung stared at him, trying to read the mixed emotions of hopeless adoration and terrible fear. then he smiled.

"i love you too," he said easily, as if those four words were the most natural words he could ever say, when said to the right person.

and, jinyoung decided, jaebum was exactly that. the right person.

jaebum grinned in relief, and pulled jinyoung close to him again. "you know," he said, "i'm pretty glad you unblocked me that first time."

jinyoung let out a laugh. "you were the biggest fuckboy i ever-"

"fucked?" jaebum cut in, and jinyoung pushed him away teasingly.

"that was one time," jinyoung whined, but he was grinning too.

"you love me really," said jaebum. he lifted jinyoung up so he could wrap his legs around jaebum's waist, and held him there comfortably.

jinyoung kissed him again, his fingers burying themselves in jaebum's hair. "i guess i do," he answered with a soft blush, "and i sure am glad i unblocked you too."

____________________

a/n:
lmao tied it up nicely
it feels like the ending

but there will be one
more texting chapter
to go (it'll be short probs)
and then unblocked will
be officially complete!

((+epilogues and bonus
chapters to come))

i love you guys so much
btw

i will give a proper thanku
update when i actually end
this properly, and may answer
some questions about the book!

so you can ask me questions
HERE!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡