Chapter Four

“Some things just couldn't be protectd from storms. Some things simply needed to be broken off...Once old thing were broken off, amazingly beautiful thing could grow in their place."

- Denise Hildreth Jones

CHAPTER 4 (UNEDITED)

Aiden's POV

"Thank you."

I looked at her. "For what?"

"For treating me with this." She finished with a grateful smile, gesturing to the dishes we ordered for dinner.

When I saw Sheena as I exited my office earlier, I asked her right away if she already had dinner plans. I was so happy when she told me no and that she needed food. I couldn't help but smile in excitement.

I smiled back at her. "You're welcome and thank you too... for agreeing to come with me."

When we got to this restaurant, we ordered right away. I guessed we were really hungry after work.

"I couldn't refuse food when I'm hungry." She shyly smiled and took a sip at her champagne.

"When I saw you at the company, I know it was you from the tower. I was curious though. I want to know why were you crying... painfully."

She hung her head down all of a sudden, refusing to make eye contact with me. After a few moments, she finally looked up. I regretted saying what I said when I saw her dull eyes. "About that... uhm... I want to return this." She searched and pulled something out from her handbag and held it before me. "I... I washed it already."

My eyes trained to my blue handkerchief that I gave her. I looked at her again. "I want you to keep it."

"But..."

"It's okay with me. You can keep it."

She was hesitant as she looked at me.  "O- okay." Slowly, she put my handkerchief back in her bag.

I just watched her as she pursed her lips together, looking anywhere but me. I took the time to take a look a her closely. It was so creepy of me but I just felt like studying her.

Her hair was black, long, and slightly wavy. She had those beautiful plump lips, big brown eyes, and cute button nose. Her cheekbones were prominent and pink. It seemed like she was blushing. She barely had make up on which was beautiful for me.

Natural.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

I blinked. "Huh? I wasn't."

"Yes, you were. Is there something on my face? Is there spaghetti sauce on it?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. You're perfect."

"What? Did you just say-"

"No! I mean... there's nothing on your face. It's beautiful."

We locked gazes. She was staring at me with her mouth hanging down. I guessed she was really shocked.

You can't hold your tongue back.

I know.

I gulped and swallowed the lump in my throat. But I wanted to be serious so I tried. "You're beautiful."

The atmosphere suddenly turned somewhat different. As I looked at her when I said that, I could only see her.

She's really pretty.