Chapter Three

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us."

- Alexander Graham Bell

Aiden's POV

"You just ruined my chance of getting a girl." I told the person on the other line.

I was in the elevator, riding down to the lobby to meet up with my Dad. He wanted to tell me something. Why couldn't he just ride the elevator and get to me?

He's getting old.

"Really? That's great."

"Great? What's great in getting my chances ruined."

"What's great is that you finally found someone. So, who is she?"

"It's a secret. I'll tell you when I feel like it."

"You know I'll find out sooner."

"I know."

"What is she?"

"A woman."

"Of course. I will be very disappointed if you'll get in a romantic relationship with a man."

I face palmed. I just fell in my own trap.

"She's cute, Dad."

"I was expecting sexy." He laughed.

"She is too."

"Wow. You should get her."

"I was about to ask her for lunch or dinner but you interrupted me."

"Sorry about that."

"It's okay. I'll see her everyday anyway."

The elevator door opened and I got out. I put my phone down when I saw my Dad sitting on the couch in the lobby. I sat beside beside him.

"So?"

"You forgot this." He gave me something which looked like a lunchbox.

I chuckled. "This is so sweet of you, Dad."

He laughed. "Your Mom was so thrilled by the fact that you're going to manage our business here in France. She might cook and pack you food for lunch everyday."

I took over our clothing company in New York at the age of 19. I was the CEO of the Smith Clothing Company, Inc. in New York for four years. That meant I was turning 24. That would be a few months from now.

My Dad decided to build a branch here in Paris. When my cousin Khloe, my best friend's sister, decided to build her own clothing business, we decided to let her manage our business as well. Khloe was 19 when I left New York to be the CEO of our the same clothing company here in Paris.

We trusted Khloe. Besides, her mother, my aunt Sophie was an expert when it comes to clothing designs. That what made me, Axel and Khloe cousins. My mom, Stephanie and their mom, Sophie were sisters.