Chapter Two

“Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?”

– Leo Buscaglia

CHAPTER 2 (UNEDITED)

Sheena's POV

A week.

It had been a week since the break up with James_ a week of locking myself inside my room and sobbing my heart out until I realized he was not worth my tears. And it had been a week since I met that guy.

That one amazing guy who handed me his handkerchief.

It has been a week but was still in my mind. I didn't even get to thank him. Heck, I didn't even get his name. Just as I got his handkerchief, he received a call and left without saying a word. I just stared at his retrieving back until he was gone from my sight.

Clearing my head from those miserable thoughts,  I walked down the hall to my office, dressed in a simple black dress that reached mid thigh. I thought a week was enough. I decided the I should get back to work. There were already pending designs for me to make and appointments to attend.

Just as I was about to reach my office, I saw my colleagues hurrying towards their cubicles and to their offices.

I frowned. I was curious to what was happening. I wanted to know what was going on.

A few minutes later, they all got settled. They were unusually quiet. It was so early in the morning. They would probably gossip at this time.

I approached Mike who was walking towards his office which was beside mine. "What's going on here?"

"You don't know? Mr. Smith's son is here. He will take over his father's position as the CEO." He answered, his voice laced with his French accent.

"I didn't know he has a son."

"Well, he has. You probably don't know him because he was residing in New York. But he came here last week to run this company."

I was about to say something when a thick American voice sounded behind me. "I don't think this is the time for gossips. It's so early. Go back to work."

I didn't dare turn around. Mike's eyes widened as he stared at the man behind me. Then he started walking backwards after flashing me a nervous glance. He even mouthed me 'good luck'.

Curious, I turned around for my eyes to turn wide as saucers.

"You."

"You."

We locked gazes. I more like shouted causing the heads of the employees to look at us.

"Mind your own business, people!" He suddenly boomed. He turned to me. "How are you?"

I was taken back. "I'm doing just fine. H- how about you?"

Damn. I couldn't even talk properly.  As my mouth did the talking, my eyes were also busy checking him out.

He looked so... yummy.

He was wearing a blue button down underneath his black suit jacket. A black long pants and shiny black Italian shoes completed his outfit.

"I'm great."

Yes you are.

"Aiden."

"Huh?" I frowned at him. His eyes gestured below. I realized he was  introducing himself. I mentally face palmed myself.  I grasped his held out hand in a firm handshake and smiled at him. "Sheena."

"Sheena. Cute name for a cute woman."

I let go of his hand and tucked tresses of my hair behind my ear. "I should thank my Mom then for giving me that name."

He chuckled. His voice was smooth voice. As he chuckled, I couldn't help but watched him. He looked so handsome. He has a light stumble on his chin but still... handsome. His brown hair was combed back nicely on the top of his head. To say the least, he was so ho-

A finger suddenly came in contact with my forehead. "Earth to you, Sheena."

I rubbed my forehead. "Why did you do that?"

"You were busy gawking at me."

"I wasn't."

Oh really?

"Yes, you were. Anyways, are you fr-"

A phone suddenly rang indicating a call. Aiden looked at me apologetically. "Sorry, I have to take this call. See you around."

With that, he turned and walked towards the elevator. As I watched his retrieving back, I wondered what he was going to ask.

I shrugged my shoulders and turned around on my to see the curious glances of my colleagues. I cleared my throat making them continued what they were doing.

As I got inside my office, I couldn't help the smile on my face.

Aiden.

His name was Aiden.

Aiden Smith.

- End of the Chapter -

♥♥♥

Who wants Aiden's POV?

Please don't forget to...
VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE