Chapter One

“If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you’ve made, if they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.”

- Steve Maraboli

CHAPTER 1 (UNEDITED)

Sheena's POV

Have you ever felt that the world is crashing down on you? 

That was what I was feeling this moment at the Eiffel Tower, curled up by the railing, hugging my knees to my chest and sobbing my heart out.

HURT. BROKEN. LOST.

I didn't want to think about what happened earlier but it kept replaying in my mind.

"I'm sorry, babe.  I just couldn't do this anymore."

My eyes started to water when my fiancée who would be my soon to be my ex said that. "This is only for now. I have many client these days and I couldn't refuse because this is a big deal for the company. My boss will fire me if I can't finish all the designs for two weeks and I can't bear losing my job. You know how much I've through just to be a fashion designer. Please I promise once all of these will be done, I'll spend most of my time for you. Please, just please." I pleaded desperately as I clung onto his arms tightly.  "I don't like this either. I can't lose you." I added.

I couldn't help it so I broke into tears. I couldn't lose James.  James Wilson. We have been so many things for we have  been with each other for almost three and a half years.  I couldn't waste those memorable times of my life with him. I loved him too much to let him go. I couldn't waste those times we shared our kisses, cuddled, laugh and those happy memories.

"You always say that but nothing. You are always busy.  You don't have any more time with me. You love your work too much that you don't bother to think about how I feel every time you're not with me.  Is that how you treat your fiancée?  Do you want us to be always like this?  I also have work, Sheen but I always have time for you. Unfortunately,  you don't spare time for me. And you know what I did on my free time, those free times that were supposed to be our dates and cuddles?  I drank every bottle of liquor I see in my mini bar and smoke myself to death. It hurts so much to think that you prefer to ditch our dates and work your *ss out, designing clothes. You're useless."

I gaped at him as tears started to flown from my eyes endlessly.  I couldn't believe him. He didn't talk like this to me before.  Not ever.  He was usually charming and sweet.  He was always careful with his words. But this...

Pulling away, I looked at him. "James..." I just couldn't believe him. I burst into another flow of tears again. I didn't know what to say to him anymore.  Why couldn't he understand?

With heaving chest, I forced myself to look at him in the eye and managed to speak. My voice was hoarse due to all the crying. "You don't understand. Please let's talk about this calmly." I pleaded.

"Calmly?!" He suddenly boomed making me flinched in shock and surprise. What had gotten into him?  Why was he acting like this?

I walked to him and touch his neck and forehead with trembling hands. "James?  What's wrong?  You're not usually like this? Are you drunk, sick maybe?"

"Yes, I am sick.  I am so sick with you! It was nice to be with you, Sheena.  Was. But now... I don't know anymore. Goodbye, Sheen." And just like that, he walked out of my apartment, closing the door with a loud bang that it almost shook the room.

I dropped onto my knees as I sobbed onto my hands. That was it.  We were over.  No more Sheena ♡ James.

I let out a loud cry of agony,  pulling my hair in frustration as I continued to cry.

Why did it have to hurt so much?

I thought that going up here in the Eiffel Tower would make me somehow lighter and calm.  This tower had been my favorite spot since I arrived here in Paris, France. I went here probably an hour after my horrific break up with James to clear my mind and to prevent me from hurting myself.  Unfortunately, it wasn't working at all. 

I still couldn't believe it though. I thought he was understanding enough. I thought we made it clear that there was no giving up despite my work and hectic schedules. It was not like I was always busy.  I have been busy these days only because my boss threatened that he would directly fire me if I wouldn't get to finish all my designs within a week.  Most of them were bridal gowns, ball gowns, skirts, and jeans. They would be launched next week that was why I have to finish them.

If only James knew that I was tired too and that my body was becoming weak to work... If only he knew that I was also working with my wedding gown....I didn't know really. I didn't know if he even care.  If he did, then he would have understand me.

Understanding.

That was one vital thing I wanted from a guy together with patience.  I wanted a man that would accept me for who I am and also my work. 

Losing James was so hard for me. 

James. 

He was my first love. I remembered the first time we met at a hotel restaurant as the reception of an enormous fashion show. It happened that he was a brother of one of the models. We instantly clicked because he was such a sweet guy. I loved the way he cared for me. Weeks after, we dated and became the best couple. That was what I thought.

As I sat here under the cold night of Paris, a question popped into my mind.

Can I move on easily?

"Miss, are you okay?" A concerned voice of a man suddenly asked, startling me.  A clean white handkerchief was held out before my face.

Slowly, I looked up and there he was, standing tall before me. A man dressed finely in a white button shirt, suit jacket, black pants and shiny black Italian shoes. Chiseled perfection_ that was all I could say about his very handsome face. His eyes were as deep as the ocean. So captivating. He was the most beautiful man I have ever meet. If James and I didn't break up, I would probably feel bad.

But as I stared up at the guy before me, I never felt guilty. No more guilt anymore.

I didn't know what to do and how to react. I just stayed still, hands hugging my knees, head up as I stared at him with my teary eyes and tear- stained face.

Shaking, I lifted my hand and clutched his handkerchief.

"Thank you." My voice was almost a whisper.

- End of the Chapter -

♥♥♥

So, that's it. The first chapter of Sheena's story. I know it's a short one but hey, it's the first chapter. There are more to come.

What so you think about it? About Sheena? Have you felt the same way? Does it hurt? What did you do to endure the pain?  Or what did you do to move on?

Who do you think the man is? Is he Sheena's second chance and Mr. Right?

Stay tuned to find out.

Please don't forget to.. 
VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.