Chapter Three: The New Year

Dedicated to uvrose04 for voting! Thanks love!

"Let's get this party started!" Scarlett hollers when she sees us as she holds up a bottle of sparkling grape juice

Shane hoots next to her, giving her a fist bump. "I second that."

"Guys, calm yourselves. Will and Korbin aren't even here yet." Liz tells them with an amused smile as we walk into the room. Shane sends her a bored look but freezes when he sees her.

I try and hide my smile. Shane has had feelings for my sister since the beginning of time but being one year younger than her, he's intimidated and hasn't gotten the courage up to tell any of us or her for that matter. But he doesn't need to say anything...it's pretty obvious.

To everyone except Elizabeth that is.

I watch as Shane sputters like a fish on land for a few seconds before regaining his composure. "Uh...well that's too bad isn't it? It looks like the party has just arrived." He winks at her with a suave smile, tucking hands in his distressed jean pockets.

I must admit, we all clean up pretty well for a bunch of lazy people who don't care about their appearance half the time.

Shane, being a football player, has always been rather attractive no matter what he's wearing. But it's more of a subtle sort of appeal. His dirty blonde hair and brown eyes blend well together and because of the softness of his features, he often goes unnoticed by cheerleaders and most of the girls at our school.

But that also has something to do with -

"Hey! The real party has arrived!"

Speak of the devil.

"Hey Korbin. How was your Christmas?" Scarlett inquires cheerily, approaching him and giving him a hug.

He pats her on the back once gently and laughs, "It was fine. You know how my family is though. Never in the mood to get along."

"I'm sorry." I pitch in sadly.

His green eyes meet mine and he nods once to acknowledge my condolences. "Eh it's okay. I got a new snowmobile though. So what do you say guys? The next get together being at my place?" He holds his hands up in victory.

We all cheer and clap for his sake all while chucking under our breath.

"That's great, I'm happy for you man." Shane claps him on the shoulder.

"Where's Will?" I ask curiously, peaking around his shoulder as I fidget with the bottom of my red dress.

I'm usually not comfortable in tight dresses but Liz insisted that I should make an exception at least once a year. So in result, I'm clad in a little red dress with spaghetti straps and soft material. At least it's comfortable. Nothing scratching my skin and tearing it open so...that's a plus I suppose.