7: Gotta Get Out

It had been about a week since Calum had asked Ashton to be friends. Ashton kindly accepted it, and told Michael about Calum too, and as so Michael did agree with friendship for the boy; however, Luke had suddenly become very distant between the three boys. Ashton and Michael both knew that Luke didn't want to be friends with Calum - the poor lad even knew that, but that gave Luke no reason not to talk to them, or give them some sign that his not dead.

Today in music, Mr Stylinson came into the room with a big grin on his face. Today would be the day they had to sing in front of the class in their band Mr Stylinson put together.

For the band; 5 seconds of summer - or 5sos, instead of receiving a song from mr Stylinson, they wrote a song.

"To be honest, I think you boys have great potential, so your going to write me a song," were his exact words.

From then, the three other boys came regularly over to Calum's house to write a few lyrics and jam on their instruments. It took them not too long to write a song; which they're very happy about, and it only took about 24 hours to finally get the beat going. You could say, they were very tired after that.

"Ashton, Michael, Luke and Calum. You are up now. Show us what you did." mr Stylinson called.

The four boys hopped up out of their chairs and made their way to the front of the class room, and setting themselves up.

"Hi hey." Ashton started giggling, when half of us said 'hi' and the other half said 'hey'

"Is it hi or hey?" Michael asked. "Just hi. Doesn't matter. It's whatever." Calum spoke. "Okay. Hi we're five seconds of summer; or you could call us, five sauce." they all spoke together.

"Even when the sky is falling down, even when the earth is crumbling around my feet," Luke started singing through the microphone that was set up for them.

This song: named 'Gotta Get Out' was written by Calum. And you know who he wrote about. He was terrified they wouldn't like how he expressed his feelings and wrote them down on the piece of paper. But surprisingly they all really enjoyed the piece of work Calum put in there - even Luke did, which surprised Calum even more.

"Even when we try to say goodbye, you could cut the tension with a knife in here," Calum started to sing. He could feel all the eyes in the class room on him. It kind of frightened him.

"Cuz I know what'll happen, if we get through this," Calum continued to sing. This time, one pair of eyes stood out in the crowd; Luke's eyes. He saw look staring at him in the corner of his eye - but wasn't sure what it meant.

"And if the earth ends up crumbling down, to it's knees then baby, we just gotta get out, we just gotta get out," they all sung the chorus.

After the boys had finished the song, the room that once filled up with music, filled up in cheering and clapping.

Calum smiled, looking around the room at all the happy and cheerful people, laughing and giggling to each other and whistling. Calum felt happy, knowing that people enjoyed their performance.

"Boys, you did so well. I knew you could pull it off - and now look at you boys! People love your style of music and writing. Who wrote that song?" Mr Stylinson asked. A small blush crept onto Calum's cheeks, as he nodded quickly. "Well Calum, I really like that song. You have a great taste in music to. Have you considered joining their band?" Mr Stylinson questioned once again. "Well actually, Ashton asked me a week ago if I wanted to join the band, and I said yes. So I'm in the band, and I couldn't be happier." Calum replied cheerfully. Calum turned to face Luke, but Luke's face was blank. He had absolutely no emotion showing what so ever.

Calum frowned a bit, hoping that he'll cheer up soon.

.:•:.

"Well boys! That was a blast! We did so well. And thanks to our best friend here for writing that amazing song for us! I really enjoyed it and thought it was written out so well. Did you write it for anybody ayyye? A girl? Because it seemed like you out a lot of emotion and feelings in the piece of lyrics." Michael rambled on.

"Uh, well thanks Michael. And no... Not necessarily..." Calum tensed up a bit. He did not simply write about a girl; but boy. And Ashton knew that. So he dropped that conversation, possibly leading up to a confession.

"Wow! Leave him alone mike! And stop rambling, because you said you hated it when Luke rambled, and here you are doing it yourself!" Ashton pointed at Luke, who was still staring into space. What could Luke possibly be thinking this hard about?

"Luke, you okay mate? You seem so out of it." Calum walks over to Luke, and wraps his arm around him. Calum knows he shouldn't be doing this, since Luke hates him, but he decided to do it anyways.

Ashton seemed to notice a blush on Luke's face, and smirked. Ashton knew Luke had to be at least bisexual. He knows the way people look at each other when they're in love. And he can see that between Luke and Calum. Luke's probably just too stubborn to admit that he's bi. There's nothing wrong about being straight, bi or gay. Accept everyone in this world.

"Um. Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking," Luke responded barely above whisper. Calum seemed surprised when Luke hadn't said or done anything bad to him just yet. So he kept his arm around Luke's shoulders and smiled.

Luke looked down and stared at Calum's fingers and how he wanted to intertwine his own in them; but he knows he's not gay. So he dropped that thought, and moved on to the next, which happened to be about Calum's voice.

"What are you thinking about?" Calum asked. Luke wasn't too sure if he should admit that he was thinking of Calum. So he covered it up.

"Actually, I was just thinking about this person I kinda fancy." Luke replies with a smirk on his face, knowing that Calum would fall for that; But he does know that Ashton can pick up these small things.

Calum's face falls. "What's her name?" He automatically knew it was a girl - or did he?

"I'm not telling your anything." Luke replied, feeling tingly when Calum move his arm slightly.

"Since we're friends now, you can tell me. I don't have anyone else to tell anyways?" Calum says. "Who ever said we were friends?" Luke replied sternly, then pushed Calum's arm off him - Luke suddenly felt cold, and walked into his room and slammed the door. His parents weren't home today - and neither were his brothers, so he had the house to himself and two friends.

Calum was shattered. He really did not know why Luke hates him so much. What did he do to deserve this? All he wants to do is be friends with Luke.

"Calum, you alright buddy?" Ashton asked, walking over to Calum. Calum nods slightly, then sighs.

"Why does Luke hate me so much?" Calum asks, taking a seat closest to him. Michael gives him a sad smile, then shrugs - as so does Ashton. They both didn't know why Luke hated Calum so much, and so wish they knew.

"Maybe you should ask him?" Michael states. To calum, that seemed like a bad idea. But to Ashton, he agreed with Michael.

"Fine. I will," Calum smiles, then stands up and walks towards Luke's room. He takes a deep breath, before knocking on his bedroom door.

"Who is it?" Luke asks. "It's um. Calum." Calum replies, holding his breath. "Piss off Calum." Luke replies on the other side of the door.

Calum sighs loudly. "Luke, please. I want to talk to you. Will you just let me in?"

There was silence, until Luke appeared in Calum's face, with an angry expression.

"Ten minutes."

Calum nodded, then followed Luke in his room, and say down on Luke's bed with him.

"Now I came here to ask you, why you hate me so much. I honestly don't know what I did, so please fill me in." Calum says seriously.

Luke closed his eyes, then replied;

-•-•-•-

BIG CLIFFHANGER!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!