2: The first day

Calum hesitantly entered the place – he liked to call, ‘hell hole’ The only thing from stopping him from not arriving at school is his crush – yet bully, Luke Hemmings. To calum, he is the most beautiful creature ever made. Nothing can beat this unique figure.

But in Luke’s eyes, Calum was just another victim. He liked to push around with him, and tease Calum, more than any other school student. Calum was Luke’s target. Luke liked to tease and push Calum around, by himself. He didn’t need any help from his friends. He wanted to do it all himself.

Calum didn’t know why Luke liked to do all that stuff himself. But Calum didn’t mind. He liked Luke touching him – not in the sexual way, but pushing him and I guess you can say, punching him.

He liked it when Luke spat in his face. He liked mainly everything Luke did to him. And you’d think everyone would be scared and would want Luke to stop, but Calum wouldn’t be bothered.

On the other hand, Luke wanted Calum to get upset and start crying at least. But it never happened. Luke always wondered why Calum wouldn’t be bothered by the bullying. He’d always try something different, to see if it would affect differently on Calum. But nope. Nothing ever seemed to work. Calum was definitely stronger then he looked.

Calum already felt sick when he started walking down the hallways. He didn’t want to be here, but he knew there were reasons to why he’d always come. And no one is allowed to know that.

Already, Calum saw Luke heading towards him, with an evil grin on his face. He knew this wasn’t going to end well.

“Well, well, well,” Luke smirked. Calum rolled his eyes, and turned back the opposite direction. “Where are you going? I’m not finished with you. I only just started.” Luke grabbed on to Calum’s arm. Calum stared down at Luke’s hand. It was wrapped around his wrist, perfectly. Calum stayed quiet, waiting for what Luke would do next. It would always be a surprise.

“Look at me, or I will punch you in the face, dickhead.” Luke demanded. Already the first day back and a threat. Though it’s not like he hadn’t received one before.

Calum’s eyes wandered up Luke’s chest, to his face, and stared hesitantly into his eyes. What would Luke do this time?

Luke thought about what he’d do to Calum. He really hadn’t thought about it. And he knows he should of, because his staring at Calum, like he would to girls. But Luke isn’t gay. So he let Calum go, and pushed him to the ground.

“I’m not done with you. Don’t think you can get away with it this time.” Luke snickered, before walking off with his two friends.

Calum shrugged it off, and continued to walk down the squashed hallways. There was way too many students going to this school. No one could seem to walk down the hallways without bumping into someone. People would always try to avoid it as much as possible. But Calum couldn’t care less. His been pushed and shoved around too much to care.

Calum’s favourite subject is music of course. He loves to write songs and express his feelings in the lyrics. The music teacher – Mr Stylinson, would always tell Calum to join Luke, Michael and Ashton’s band. But even Mr Stylinson knew they all didn’t like each other. He wanted them to somehow become friends through music.

‘You’ve all got the same music taste, so why don’t you just ask them to join the band?’

He’d say. But it’s really not that easy, knowing that the guy that hates you so much, would never let you join the band. Calum didn’t even get why Mr Stylinson told him that. He’d be crazy to join the band, and still continue to speak hatred about each other. It’s just not right. You need a real friendship, and skill to join their kind of band.

And still, Mr Stylinson knew that Calum was just afraid to ask Luke, Michael or Ashton to join the band. Calum knew that they’d give him a straight up, ‘no’. But what annoyed Calum the most, is that they haven’t heard him sing, nor play the bass guitar. So how would they know if he’s not good enough?

Mr Stylinson had a plan to get Calum to join the band. Or make him join the band. So this music class, after he settled them down, he told everyone that they’d be doing a “band project”, where they’d have to come up with a name, vocals and instruments.

“Simmer down everybody. Today I’ll be choosing four people to make a band together. What you’ll need to do, is think up a name, and find out who plays what, and vocals. Once completed, you come to me, and I’ll tell you what you’ll need to do afterwards. But right now, I want to see everyone of you making friends.”

Calum shifted in his seat. He knew exactly why Mr Stylinson came up with this idea. He knew he wouldn’t get along with any three of those boys. But Mr Stylinson would always tell them, that meeting new people is better. But really, Calum is not new, and neither is Luke, Ashton or Michael.

“Luke, Ashton, Michael and your last member of your band, is Calum. You better take care of him, and not hurt or bully him.”

Calum heard the three boys groan. He pretended to not want to be with them either, but deep down, this was Calum’s dream. To befriend them, or joining the band.

“Meet up with your fellow band mates. Get to know them, and become friends.”

Calum stood up, and slowly made his way over to where the three boys were sitting.

“Well, since we don’t know much about this loner, we should get to know him. We will just ask you random questions okay?” Michael tells Calum.

Calum nods his head in reponse, waiting for a question to be thrown at him.

“If you had to pick one band that’s your favourite, what one would you pick?” Ashton asks first.

Calum smiles, knowing that this was his favourite question.

“Blink-182.” he replied, happily. He looked over at Luke, who was nodding. Clearly he likes that band too.

.:•:.

After answering a lot of questions, Calum noticed that he had a lot on common with not only Luke, but the other two boys. Maybe they’ll get along better than Calum thought they would.

All we can do is hope, right?

Once the bell rang for next period, Mr Stylinson asked Calum to stay back, so that he could talk to him privately.

“How were Luke, Ash and Mike?” He asks, curious.

“I was actually extremely surprised how they acted when I came over and answered some of their questions. I think we all noticed that we’re pretty similar.”

Mr Stylinson nods his head, before replying: “Well that’s absolutely great! I knew you guys had a lot in common. You’ll get along with those boys for sure.”

Calum smiles, and then leaves the room. Let’s just hope that what Mr Stylinson is saying, will be true. Calum wants to be friends with those boys. They’re all so similar. His never met anyone that likes what he likes. That’s what made him so different at his old school. People would sometimes tease him of his taste in things. People have their opinions, but they could really keep them to their selves.

Calum had to admit, he was actually quite excited for this project kind of thing they are doing for music. He wants to get closer to these boys, more than anything. Maybe they all have a soft spot, where Calum could comfort them. Behind every bad person, there’s always a good one inside, right? Calum always believed that saying. He knew that Luke or the other boys would have cried secretly before. Everyone has, and everyone will. It’s natural.

-•-•-•-

I honestly didn’t know what to put for the music teachers name. So I did Stylinson ;-)

Twerter: @5sos_5evzz

Ig: toxiclukex