9: Love

The past few weeks, Calum could not stop talking to Luke, and neither could Luke to Calum. They hung out hour of the day basically.

But Ashton was acting different. He didn't seem to be as happy as usual - and you could really tell. Neither Luke and Calum, nor Michael knew why. He didn't tell them much. Only that he was 'sorry' for whatever that means.

As to Luke, he felt different around Calum. He didn't feel like he's been betrayed. He didn't feel like he's being lied to. He felt like Calum was the only one that would ever tell him the truth - in that case, when Calum touched Luke, he felt all tingly inside, like god knew they'd become friends; like Ashton did. However he had told Michael about the tingly feels he gets by Calum.

.:Flashback:.

Today Luke went down to Michaels for the day, since he hadn't all week, due to hanging out with his new best friend - Calum.

Luke slipped on his vans, then quickly fixed up his hair and adjusted his beanie, before he took off down the street to Michaels house. It was only a few blocks down, so it wouldn't take like too long to get there.

Once Luke arrived at Michaels doorstep, he was greeted in a big bear hug by Michael, then lead into his room. He wanted to talk to Michael, and tell him about these weird feelings - tingly feelings his getting when Calum touches him, or he touches Calum. Since Michaels the 'expert' he went to see him if something was causing the tingly feelings in his fingertips to his whole body.

"Ahh mate. This is really amusing to watch though," Michael chuckles, leaving Luke in such confusion.

"There's only one word to describe this. Only one word that describes the feelings your getting. Only one word to describe Calum," Michael says, this time in a more serious tone.

Luke nodded his head furiously, indicating to Michael that he wanted him to continue talking.

"Your so oblivious. It's 'Love' Luke you dumbass." Michael finally speaks. Luke was about to open his gobsmacked mouth to reply to his best friend, before Michaels phone began to ring. He picked it up quickly and starting talking to who ever was on the other line.

Luke was more than confused. Why would Michael describe the tingly feelings as love? There was no way Luke was gay. And that went the same to Calum.

"Okay sorry mate. I'm back," Michael rejoins Luke back in his room, sitting beside him. Their shoulders lightly brushed together, he wanted to feel these tingly feelings his getting, in his shoulder so he knows it's not love. - but unfortunately, he didn't feel anything. Michaels shoulder was as cold as brick.

"Anyways. So as I was saying. You are very oblivious you know that?" Michael continues. "Now I do." Luke replies, with absolute no interest showing in his tone at all. But he continues to listen to Michael blab on about the feelings his getting.

"this can't be true. This isn't love. Why would it be love? In not In love with him, and he isn't in love with me either." Luke states - but Michael refuses to listen.

"You seriously haven't seen the way Calum looks at you. Did you see how his eyes literally beamed whenever you were around, even when your were bullying him? Didn't you see how his face fell when you said something rude to him? You guys have something special if your feeling these weird things when you touch. It's not normal to have those Luke."

"Not to be a homophobic ass, but id laugh if Calum's gay." Luke replied, a bit too coldly for the joke to make sense. Michael furrowed his eyebrows. "Then why aren't you laughing?"

Luke stared at Michael for a while, not believing what he just said. Calum isn't gay - he can't be gay. Luke doesn't want to be friends with a fag.

"I know what your thinking Luke. What do you have against gay people? Really Luke?" Michael asks.

Luke hasn't actually thought out why he doesn't like gay people. So instead of replying, he just shrugged.

"See. You need to get yourself sorted out dude! You can't be this rude to people. It's not nice! How'd you feel if they were teasing you?"

"Calum isn't gay. He'd tell me since we are best friends now." Luke says, completely ignoring Michaels first comment.

"dude! Your so retarded! But okay. Think what you want. I don't give a fuck anymore," Michael face palms himself, before pushing Luke out his bedroom door.

"Oh! And did I tell you how oblivious you are?" Michael shouts from his room. "More than enough." Luke replies, leaving Michaels house and staggered down the deserted streets. The bright street lights and glow of the stars that filled up the night sky, made the pitch black of the night seem much brighter. The full moon guided Luke down the streets to his own house, locking himself inside. He did not want to be seen. He had just gathered a lot of information he did not believe - but somehow made sense? He had to think it all out before doing anything else that night. No interruptions from his family downstairs or his phone ringing. No loud noises of cars and trucks driving by. No voices of friends filling the room up with laughter. He needed to be alone and the house needed to be quiet. Luke lifted the blankets to his head, and curled up in a small tight ball, and thought.

.:Flashback Ends:.

:•:•:•:•:•: