Chapter 12: Laduree.

Happy reading & thanks again.

xxx Not much introduction or news about me lately xxx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap:

"No! It was in the past. My young times."

*

"Are you trying to imply that you knew Luke since young?"

"Yeah i guess i am."

"But how come you never tell me till now?"

"'Cause i didn't know. It was just when im with him, he has a familiar sense that triggered my mind which decided to give me bad headaches whenever im with him then small patches of flashbacks flashes through my mind."

"Oh my gosh this is getting no where."

"See my dilemma?"

"You should go ask Luke."

"I would if he would tell me."

"He will."

"How do you know? The first time he and my mom met, the faces were shocked till pale. They talked to each other like old neighbours. But when i get suspicious of it and asked, they just shrugged it off. How do i know what to do?"

"Anything else?"

"And they just said that because Luke's grandparents stayed opposite us. And yeah, flashbacks about the young boy and girl building sandcastles. Then there will always be a small part of my dad. Then there's a small pile of documents involved in the flashbacks then nothing else."

"Okay here's a plan. Find excuse to go through his stuff to find anything related to you."

"Ain't that obvious? I would get caught."

"No? Would you?"

"Im asking you the questions and you asked me back?!"

""Cause i don't know? Jeez you guys share the same dorm,woman!"

"Right. I'll give it a try then."

*

Here's a chance. I made sure Luke was bathing before i decided to rake his drawer.

There's nothing but an old sketch book. It won't kill if i take a look right?

No it won't. Silently replying to my own question.

There it is.

First page: a young boy fell down with scrapped knees and a young girl (me) held out a hand to him.

Second page: 'young version of me' offering a sandwich to the young boy.

Third page: there was a heart shape at the top right hand corner with 'BFF' written in it then the picture was young me sitting beside the young boy in the swing.

That's what appeared in my mind.

Fourth page: young me helping the young boy to build the sandcastles.

This appeared too.

Before i could turn the page, the book was immediately snatched away.

I looked up to meet the curious stare from a shirtless Luke with a refreshing scent.

"What are you doing with my things?"

"Searching for idea 'bout the project?" I lied.

"Is that true?"