Nineteen

(A/N: Sorry for all the time jumps/skips, im not great a filler chapters plus im lazy 😂 Also, Ella's mum has a different surname which is fine cuz i don't have the same surname as my mum either)

*Two weeks later*

Ella's POV:

I was woken up to screaming. Mum. I grabbed my phone to check the time. 4:47am. I shot up out of bed and rushed to her room. "Mum, mum? Are you okay?" I almost screamed. She didn't say anything just pointed towards the phone. I called for an ambulance.

The ambulance soon came and we made our way to the nearest hospital. The journey was quiet apart from all of the machines. "Does she have any problems? With mental health or health in general?" The doctor asked me. "She has cancer." I sighed. I don't like talking about it. Neither of us did.

When we got to the hospital, they wouldn't let me in the room with my mum so I had to wait outside. Doctors kept going in the room and coming out and occasionally a doctor would check to see if i was okay or ask if i wanted a drink. I always said i was fine but deep down i wasn't. I needed someone to talk too. As if he was reading my mind, my phone went off.

Jack🍀❤: hey gorgeous! You okay? 😙❤

I quickly replied

Me: no not really, do you think you'd be able to get to Brighton Hospital? And could brook come too? ❤

He didn't reply after that. I guess he was busy.

A few hours had passed and i was finally allowed to see my mum. "Hey mum, how are you feeling?" I said quietly, walking into her room and pulling a chair up next to her bed. "Hello sweetie! And i feel better, well, better than i did before!" We sat there talking for a while. My hand in hers. Non of us planned in going anywhere. "Hey, you should get some rest!" Mum said but i shook my head no.  Mum eyes soon started to close and her grip became loser. Before i knew it, machines started beeping and i was rushed out of the room.

I was sat outside for what felt like forever. Waiting. In silence. I soon heard someone shout my name. "Ella! Finally, we've been looking on all the wards for you! How is she?" The cute irish one asked. "Yeah, hows mum?" The other one said. I didn't answer straight away just ran into both of their arms. "Im not sure how she is, one minute she was fine the next i was being thrown out of the room because something had happened." I cried. "Hey, everything will be okay! But you're really cold! Here, have my jumper!" Jack said. I was currently still wearing my pjs and it was very cold in the hospital. I put his jumper on and we sat down. The jumper smelt like him so i don't think ill give it back.

After about another 30 minutes a doctor came out to us. "Are you Miss Smiths family?" The doctor said. We all nodded. "How is she?" I asked. The doctor looked down. I could tell this wasn't good news. I grabbed Jack and Brooklyn's hand and hoped for the best. "Im sorry..."