Chapter 29: Falling Apart

Red's POV:

"We found a printer to make our posters!" Katara cheered happily as her, Tikaani, and Aang returned from their morning outing. She held up an expertly drawn picture of Walt while Aang held up an expertly drawn picture of Appa.

"I thought designing the posters was our job, sugar queen!" I protested, narrowing my eyes. I had drawn out pictures of Walt and Appa that looked like Meelo's drawing of Korra in Season 4 Episode 4 of the Legend of Korra. It wasn't as good as the expert printer's version, but it was still quite a quality picture!

"Yeah!" Sokka agreed, nodding vigorously. "We've been working all day on our Appa and Walt!"

"Well I've been working on my Appa and Walt," I corrected, "but he's been working on potatoes with arrows and wings."

"Hey!" Sokka protested grumpily.

"They look great to me!" Toph complimented, smiling.

"Thank you, I worked really-" He stopped, suddenly remembering that Toph was blind. "Why do you feel the need to do that?"

"I think we're going to stick with the professional version." Tikaani announced. Sokka angrily ripped his drawings to shreds, but I stuffed mine into my pockets. The pictures that I had drawn of Walt were totes adorbs.

"Come on, let's get busy!" Aang cried, pulling wads of posters out of his bag excitedly. Him and Momo left to spread the fliers all around the city, raining them down on civilians.

I looked out the window and watched the paper rain down.

By the end of the day, we'd find Jet.

"Red?" I turned around. Tikaani looked at me with puppy dog eyes. "Will you tell me how you're going to save Jet's sorry butt now?"

"Come on. Let's go hang up some posters." Not yet, Tikaani. She gave me an angry look.

I'm sorry... But if you knew how I was going to save Jet...

You wouldn't let me do it.

And I have to do this.

My own way.

I'm sorry.

Ryuu's POV:

"So you're the genius behind this incredible brew!" I looked up from my spot behind the counter as a very official-looking man addressed Iroh. He held up a cup of tea. "The whole city is buzzing about you! I hope Pao pays you well."

"Good tea is its own reward." Iroh spoke wisely. I intently watched the exchange as I wrote down the next order, some guards at the center table to the left who wanted some chamomile.

"But it doesn't have to be the only reward." The man replied. I stopped writing down the order and paid closer attention. "How would you like to have your own tea shop?"

"My own tea shop?" Iroh gasped in shock.

"His own tea shop?" I chimed in excitedly.

"This is a dream come true!!!" Iroh exclaimed. I doubted I was as excited as Iroh was, but I came pretty close. Tea was the most amazing beverage in the world!

"What's going on here? Are you trying to poach my tea maker?" Pao stood defensively in front of Iroh.

"Sorry pal, but that's business for you, am I right?" The official-looking man snickered.

"Mushi, if you stay, I'll make you assistant manager." Pao tried to convince Iroh to stay. "Wait, senior assistant manager!"

"I'll provide you with a new apartment in the upper ring. The tea shop is yours to do whatever you want: complete creative freedom." The official man explained.