Chapter 8: A Shade of Red

Tikaani's POV:

"These are Fire Nation traps. You can tell from the metalwork." Sokka explained. We had just freed Momo and the wild hog monkeys from the circular traps they had been trapped in. "We better pack up camp and get moving." Sokka stated. I sighed and looked around at the trees. Their leaves were bright orange. I had to envy Jet. They were beautiful trees to live in. "Uh-uh, no flying this time!" Sokka protested as we began to climb Appa.

"What? Why wouldn't we fly?" Aang asked.

"Think about it. Somehow Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keep finding us. Its because they spot Appa, he's just too noticeable!"

"We're all too noticeable!" I added.

"What? We're not too noticeable!" Katara argued.

"We're three water tribe people who travel with a monk and fly around on a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head!" I hollered. "You can't get much more noticeable than that." Appa roared with indignation.

"Tikaani's just jealous because she doesn't have an arrow." Aang told Appa.

"I know you all want to fly, but my instincts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk." Sokka reasoned.

"Who made you the boss?" Katara asked.

"I'm not the boss, I'm the leader!" Sokka corrected. I laughed. "What's so funny?" Sokka asked, raising an eyebrow.

"The fact that you think you can be a leader." I chuckled. "I wouldn't follow you if we were playing follow the leader. Besides, you're voice still cracks."

"I'm the oldest and I'm a warrior, so I'm the leader!" Sokka argued, making his voice a bit deeper.

"What about me?" I asked, glaring at Sokka. "I'm a warrior and we're the same age!" I narrowed my eyes. "Unless you still think that women can't fight."

"I never said that!" Sokka argued. "I just meant..."

"I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl!" Katara snapped.

"I've kissed a girl! You just haven't met her!" Sokka argued.

"Katara's met Suki, and for the record she kissed you, not the other way around." I stated.

"Suki kissed you? Of all people?" Katara was astonished.

"Shut up and follow me, or I'll tell gran-gran something super... SECRET... and BAD about you!" Sokka shouted. Katara and I laughed before following Sokka, just to humor him.

"Walking stinks!" Aang complained. "How do people go anywhere without a flying bison?"

"Oh, I don't know Aang. Why don't you ask Sokka's instincts?" Katara suggested. "They seem to know everything!

"Ha, ha, very funny..." Sokka seethed.

"I'm tired of carrying this pack." Aang complained.

"Maybe you should ask Sokka's instincts to carry it." I snickered.

"That's a great idea!" He cheered. "Hey, Sokka's instincts, would you mind-"

"Okay, okay, I get it. Look guys, I'm tired too, but the important thing is that we're safe from the... Fire Nation..." Sokka trailed off as we walked straight into a Fire Nation camp. Fire Nation soldiers all stared at us while they were holding sharp and pointy weapons. "Run!" We dropped our packs, ready to run, but just then a firebender blasted the bushes behind us. "We're cut off!"