A man was standing outside the doors; his head was turning from left to right, as if he was searching for someone. When his gaze swiped over me, he quickly checked his hand for something, and then looked back up. Nodding to himself, he jogged over to where I was.

“Excuse me miss” a lot people were saying that to me lately “but you must be Leera Evans; please follow me” the tone in his voice left no room for objecting as he lead me away.

“Wait!” I stopped, digging my feet into the marble floor “I’ll only go if my friend-” I gestured to Avery “comes”

He grunted, nodding before taking off again towards the front seats of the auditorium. We stopped at the middle front row.

“These are your seats- don’t run off, I’ve been told you don’t want a mate. I will come back to check on you” he said calmly, shifting his gaze over Avery her, looking disinterested. Scowling at him, I took the seats, and watched as he walked away.

“Do you really want to listen to him?” Avery asked, a mischievous look took place in her eyes.

“Nope” I smirked, popping the ‘p’.

“Then let’s go” she jumped up, and we raced between the crowd of people until we got to the back row- which luckily was completely vacant. Taking our seats in the furthest corner, we giggled, as we saw the man come back to check if we were there. He had a dumbfound expression on his face, probably not expecting us to have moved.

We kept peeking at him through the gaps of our seats, by now most people had taken their seats, and were chatting animatedly between one another. The ‘man’ placed his hand over his earpiece, and mumbled something I couldn’t hear. He then scanned his eyes over the crowd, but stopped as he sniffed the air. He started for our direction, as I cursed under my breath, silently wishing shifters could smell so good.

“There you are” he picked me up by my arm, and started to drag me out of my seat. Completely ignoring Avery, she trailed behind us slowly.

“Let go of me” I gritted through my teeth, not liking the fact that he was touching me.

“Or what?” he mocked, sending me an ‘I’m so much better than you’ look. Making a wild decision, knowing this would throw him off course I used the only weapon I had at the moment.

“I’ll tell my mate; and I’m sure you know who he is” I smirked, loving the expression his face showed as soon as he heard what I said.

“I- uh… Just come with me” he stuttered, he looked like a deer-caught-in-headlights, as he lead us back down to our seats.

“That’s what I thought” I muttered under my breath, knowing he would be able to hear me. He stiffened, but chose to ignore that comment. Smart boy. When he left, Avery lent over to me and whispered

“You play dirty you know”

I chuckled after hearing her comment.

“I realised, but I didn’t want him touching me, so I used the only thing I could think of” I laughed, but stopped when I realised the whole auditorium was dead silent, you could probably hear a pin drop. Looking over at Avery, she a had a frightened, but nervous expression on her face, but she wasn’t looking at me; she was looking in front of me.

“Exactly who touched you?” a deep, gruff voice growled, I gulped. My heart started picking up its pace, as my palms started to get sweaty.

Everyone knew if you got those symptoms, you were either sick, or it was your mate.

I was going for the latter.

Blake’s POV

Exiting the car, I felt better as I stretched my numbing limbs. It was totally worth it though; travelling across America was worth it for her.

“Alpha Wilson, everyone is ready in the auditorium as you requested” a small, balding man stuttered, looking towards the floor. I thought it was ridiculous, it was like they thought I was going to murder them with my eyes.

That was highly unlikely

Giving a stiff nod, I walked through the mansion; I had been here twice before- for my Par Ordo Lux, and for the coronation for my alpha title. I hated this place, so I avoided it at all costs. But since my mate was here, I had to come get her. Kitty had informed me that my mate wasn’t too persuaded with the idea of being tied down to one person- especially her mate. That made my wolf growl possessively.

Heading down a large corridor, I still remembered this place as if it was yesterday that I had gotten my blood taken. It was quite a weird colour- it was almost black, with a slight reddish tinges to it. The nurse had fainted when she saw the colour, so by then everybody had come in to see what the commotion was about. Everyone knew my father had a dark blood colour, but not nearly as much as mine.

Opening the side door to the stage, I stepped through, only wanting to find my mate, and get out of here. Then I heard it, the sweetest voice I had ever heard in my life. It wasn’t high pitched, and squeaky, but deeper, and slightly husky. I wanted to hear it every day, nonstop.

“…You play dirty you know” an unfamiliar voice chuckled.

“I realised, but I didn’t want him touching me, so I used the only thing I could think of” my mate laughed. My wolf roared, raging about how he was going to kill the man that had touched what was ours, and even more so desperate to find out how she got rid of him.

Storming through the curtains, I didn’t wait to make an appearance. The whole auditorium went quiet, and my mate stopped laughing. I couldn’t see her face, but I knew she was mine. Her hair was a dark chocolate colour, with strands of blonde through it all the way down to just above the middle of her back. It was wavy and looked untameable, but I liked it that way.

My mate froze, but it was hard to hear anything but the blood roaring in my ears. Remembering what she said earlier, the anger came back at full force, but I had to keep it in. The last thing I wanted was my mate to be scared of me.

“Exactly who touched you?” I growled, my possessive instincts kicking in.

She turned around, and my eyes widened at her beauty,

Whoa, was she hot!

Dark, amber eyes studied me calmly, as she kept her face black. She had perfectly tan skin, long thin, threaded eyebrows, and full, light pink lips. Her nose wasn’t perfectly straight, but it suited her face. In all she was gorgeous. A small confident smile took over her face, and god did she look amazing with it!

“Oh, Hello” she said sounding the least surprised, “don’t worry, it’s nothing you need to worry about” she waved it off like it was nothing.

'Damn right it was something!' My wolf roared clawing to take over, and show her it was more than that.

Looking at her posture, she looked unbelievably calm; it was as if the pull for each other wasn’t bothering her. Questioning my senses for indicating my mate, I looked over what mates were supposed to feel.

'Bullshit! She’s our mate, you retard!'

Glaring at my wolf internally, I knew it had to be her, as my wolf rarely got so worked about something like that, and he rarely ever called me names, or insulted me.

Smiling at her, all my anger dissipated as soon as I looked into her eyes.

“Come on” I cocked my head to the right where the exit was “we have to go” she reluctantly stood up, giving the girl next to her a hug, before whispered goodbye. Taking her hand, she tried to tug it back out, but I gripped it tightly, making sure I didn’t hurt her, and pulled her out of the still silent room.

As soon as we were out the auditorium door, the chatter started to rise, and girls either sounded jealous or happy. It was giving me a headache, as well as my mate, as I could feel her emotions through the already stable bond.

“How can you…?” I asked. How could she still hear them? There were at least 13 walls between the auditorium and us.

“Heightened senses” she shrugged, I sighed looking ahead. My mate didn’t seem too interested in me.

That had to change

DeathxDemon