8. Ben's Awakening

The next morning, Kylo stood in the training room by himself, thinking over his decisions when it came to Jayne

The next morning, Kylo stood in the training room by himself, thinking over his decisions when it came to Jayne. He was getting far too attached to her presence, and it was no longer intentional. Supreme leader Snoke has made plans with the ending of Jayne, as well as all of the First Order's enemy teams.

Kylo was ripped away from his thoughts when Jayne placed her hand on his shoulder, completely breaking the boundery rule Nina had told her so much about. However, as her hand pressed down onto the robes Kylo wore, images flowed through her mind, almost like a vision of the past. A memory that was hidden so deep in the chasm of Kylo's mind.

Lying asleep in bed, Ben slept peacefully with luxurious dreams lifting him away into an unknown land. Inches behind him stood Luke Skywalker, Ben's uncle, and also his teacher who is showing him the ways of the Jedi. Luke's hand outstretched, taking in every evil thought that was fighting at Ben's soul. As Skywalker's lightsaber ignited, Ben awoke with a fright, his hand quickly reaching for the blue saber that laid on his nightstand. For a moment, they fought against each other, that was until Ben had the building collapsing around them until Skywalker was unable to fight any longer.

"Ben," Jayne says aloud, grabbing onto her head as a sudden wave of pain struck through her body. It was unlike anything she's felt before, because it wasn't the kind of pain where she would scream in agony, but more of her feelings were in desperate need of mending.

Kylo turned his head quickly to the woman once she said his birth name. He hasn't heard that name be said aloud in a long while, and it caused his jaw to clench. "I..." Jayne reached her hand upward, placing it onto the side of Kylo's bare face. If it were anyone else, they would be forcechoked, and lying on the floor already. However, with Jayne he knew that her little actions wouldn't cause him to seem weak.

For a moment, Jayne's thoughts were empty of hatred or resentment. Her heart was twisting, disabling her from any other emotion than grief. As she stared up into his brown eyes, she noticed every scar that decorated his face, and how his mouth always seemed to curve down even when he wasn't displaying an emotion of sadness.

All he wanted was to hold her, just so the aching in his chest would be exiled from his body, but he couldn't. Allowing himself to become closer with this woman would decrease his ability to become stronger with the darkness. In response to the woman's long, empathetic gaze, Kylo walked away with his jaw clenching once again.

Jayne Yadira was once again left with resentment filling her every thought, and a slow beating heart she wished would spontaneously quit pumping blood through her veins. Despite her loathing for Kylo Ren, when she saw what happened that night, she couldn't help but shed an internal tear. "Sit," Kylo orders, gesturing the center of the room where mats covered the metallic flooring. "I've been ordered to offer you something."

Jayne could sense that Kylo was barely hanging onto peace, but she knew that nothing she could do would abet his stability. As he reached for his hip, Jayne flinched slightly, worried her death date was finally near. Kylo stood mildly confused as he drew out the red lightsaber. "If we will be training, you need to understand the way a real saber handles."

Staring at the ignited lightsaber, Jayne's eyes glimmered with curiosity. Other than sticks shaped like weapons, she's never held onto a true, harmful object. She gawked at the bright, blazing saber. "Take it, Jay." Tiny, frail fingers wrapped around the metallic base. In her hands, the lightsaber seemed much larger than before when Kylo had it in his grasp. Nevertheless, Jayne handled it well, especially for it being the first time wielding such a powerful weapon.

"Remarkable," the brunette comments. "How do I... turn it off." Kylo took the lightsaber back into his own hands, and without even moving a muscle, it switched off. "How...?"

Kylo holstered the saber, and titled his head to the right. "What did you see in your vision?" Jayne quickened her eyes to meet with his.

"You know what I saw, Ben. Why do you ask?" When Jayne saw that memory, the presence of Kylo was near. It were as if she was traveling in time, accompanied by the ghost of the past.

"The Force, do you know what that is?" Kylo inquired, sitting down opposite of Jayne. Padded mats covered the flooring, protecting people from damaging their bodies from harsh impact. 

"Yes. I've heard stories." All her life Jayne has heard the tale of the Jedi way, but she never thought it was as interesting as the other kids did. "I know you're gifted. I've known." For a moment, kylo sat in puzzlement, his eyebrows furrowed, and his eyes focused on an object away from the woman in front of him. 

"Do you feel it too?" He questioned, regaining his composure. "Ah, you do. Why won't you admit it?"

"It's... nothing." Despite her staggering ability to protect her thoughts, Kylo knew she was drowning in them. Her past was a mystery, and he was unable to see into her memories when she was awake. Two years he's been studying the woman, watching as she walked to the market or how she would never journey to places she wasn't familiar with. Kylo noticed how she never interacted with young children, or how she was never truly alone when traveling anywhere besides the market.

Her body was in constant surveillance, even when Kylo wasn't watching. In her village, people acted kindly toward Jayne, but she always seemed so hesitant. Kylo wondered why, he invested most of his free time into investigating her life, but never found one fact to satisfy his curiosity. Another plan would have to suffice, and now that she was on his ship, and willing to abet him in his venture, he could finally understand.