6. High and Dry

Entering the training room, Jayne's eyes focused on Kylo's figure as he stood by the weaponry rack

Entering the training room, Jayne's eyes focused on Kylo's figure as he stood by the weaponry rack. "You've eaten?" He questions almost instantly. Jayne nods once she saw him peer over his shoulder to view her. "Good." Once again, his mask laid on the table, as well as two water bottles.

Kylo walked toward Jayne, and put his hand out in front of him. Same as yesterday, he urged you to take it. "Do you trust me?" He inquired, raising a brow to show his curiosity. At this point, Jayne knew she could admit to trusting him even after all he's done. While she's been in the custody of Kylo Ren and The Firt Order, she's been well kept, and given the promise to be more than she ever imagined herself to be.

"Yes," she confessed, placing her hand upon his ungloved hand, finally getting to felt human contact for the first time in days. In this exact moment, Kylo almost felt like the world was finally complete. (Aside from his plans to finish what his grandfather started) He had her in his grasp. Willingly she was practically kneeling before him.

"Let's get your life back, Jay." Reaching behind himself, Jayne watched as two staffs came flying their way, Kylo was quick to grab them.

"Who said you could call me that?" Jayne inquired, forgetting who she was speaking to for a minute. "I don't mind, actually. Excuse that." Chuckling deeply, Kylo shook his head, looking to the black mats beneath them.

"I overheard your and Officer False's conversation. Figured I didn't need to ask for you approval, Jay." It was the first time she's ever felt the desire to smile around him, the first time she's ever felt balanced emotions on his presence. Hearing her name slide off his tongue so easily caused chills to cascade down her back. Whether it be his deep voice pronounced it, or the fact that she could die any moment by his hand, she wasn't sure.

"Shall we begin?" Kylo asked while offering Jayne the second staff in his left hand. The brunette nodded her head, firmly grasping the staff to the point that her knuckles were now turning snow white.

For the next hour or two, the two practiced their fighting skills, as well as discussing tactics to stay well hidden. Jayne, who was exhausted, set her staff down to rest on the wall behind her. "You fight well," Kylo admires, throwing her a bottle of water. "For a beginner at least."

Uncapping the bottle, she sighed deeply. "Yeah... thanks." Jayne knew that what she was learning wasn't easy, and she wouldn't ever be able to become as advanced as her teacher, but Jayne admired the thought. "You're... wonderful as well."

Kylo has his back turned to Jay, so she was unaware of the way the corners of his lips uplifted slightly. Most days Kylo went without compliments, and when he did receive them, they caused confusion to take him captive for the remainder of his day.

In this moment, Jayne inquired, "May I speak freely?" To which she received a look of puzzlement from Kylo.

"Yes," he responds cautiously. Jayne has been speaking freely through her entire visit, so this question was suspicious to Kylo.

"Not that you need to, but... do you trust me?" Jayne knew the query was inane, but it was something that was clogging her thoughts for the past hour or so. She wanted to feel trustworthy, however, she somehow knew that didn't come easily with Kylo Ren.

"No, not completely," He says and places his water back down onto the table that sat beside the wall. "You have the ability to be so much more than I see before me. It's... almost frightening." Something in the way she was so agile, and nimble caused suspicious to arise in Kylo. He's been studying her for almost two years now, and the things he's noticed about her never lead him to believe she could be so careful, and light on the feet.

Gazing to Kylo with some form of hopelessness, Jayne found herself almost relieved that there was lost trust. Only because of the reasoning behind it. "I can't fix that, can I?"

"Only time... will tell." Kylo slipped his regular clothes back on over his plain black clothing, soon setting his helmet back over his black, fluffy hair. "You have the rest of the evening to yourself, Jay. Do as you please."

"Will we continue to train tomorrow as well?" In a large ship full of possibilities, Jayne still found herself restricted to three locations. All too boring to ever satisfy her high maintenance need for amusement.

"Yes," Kylo said. "Delilah will give you the information provided." Before he left the room, Kylo turned to look over his shoulder, taking full notice in the woman's awkward stance. "After my meetings, I will come find you."

"Okay..." jay trusted that whatever he needed with her, it was important, or mandatory. After all, the only reason she was aboard the ship was for her to accompany in his cruel venture along the galaxy.

Soon after Kylo left the room, Jayne did too. She left for a shower, only to find them all to be in use. Through the foggy room, Jayne's eyes focused on the sink where a golden necklace laid. Her heart sank at the sight. The necklace was almost identical to the one she was gifted years ago. No matter how much Jayne tried to fight it, she missed home terribly. Every little thing reminded her of it.

After a shower was finally available, Jayne was quick to occupy it. Hot water ran down her bare skin, allowing the sweat to trickle down her body until it was met with the drain on the floor.