14. Life Of A Celebrity

Start from the beginning

After emptying my stomach, and then dry heaving when there was nothing left to throw up, I stood up and went to the sink to wipe my face. I felt like it was ninety degrees in here.

I walked out of the restroom and pulled out my vibrating phone. Patrice was calling me, probably to cuss my ass out for embarrassing her.

“Yo.” I mumbled and walked to the exit door.

“Have you lost your Goddamn mind Chris? You cussed at Interscope Records, are you crazy nigga? I wish you were here with me right now so I could whoop your ass. I can’t believe you. What the hell happened Chris?” Patrice screamed into my ear. I pulled the phone away and looked at the phone like it had grown a head or something.

“Okay, I know you’re mad, but you’re not gonna yell at me. Lower your voice.” I stated. That was my biggest pet peeve, when someone yelled at me. We could have a civil conversation if we kept calm, but the moment you raised your voice it was over.

“Chris shut up! You just costed us both our jobs, do you realize that?” Patrice whined into the phone. I rolled my eyes and fought the urge to hang up. That girl was acting like my job didn’t pay her bills.

“Don’t worry, I’ll fix it. I’m sorry.” I apologized and hung up the phone. I needed to go home and get some sleep. That’s why I’d snapped, I was so tired and irritable.

I hopped into my jet Lambo and sped through the clustered Los Angeles streets trying to get home as fast as possible. When I got to the condo I parked in the underground parking lot and rushed up the emergency stairs, taking them two at a time.

When I reached my hallway I turned the corner and immediately spotted Nia’s curly hair. She was standing in front of her door unlocking it, and her hands were full of grocery bags.

“Hey, you need help?” I laughed when Nia turned around in surprise and looked at me.

“Yes please, I went a little crazy at the grocery store. Here’s the keys.” Nia thrusted out a hand with three full grocery bags and her key ring around her middle finger. I laughed and took the ring off of her finger before passing by her and unlocking her door.

“Thanks so much, do you wanna come in?” Nia walked into her place and I followed her in. Her condo smelled like she’d just baked a whole feast.

“Damn, you cooking something?”

“Yeah, I bought a Italian cookbook yesterday, so I’m trying some stuff out. Do you wanna stay for dinner?” Nia questioned and set down all the grocery bags before taking out things she needed.

“I won’t turn down free food. Do you need help?” Nia laughed at me and grabbed a bottle of red wine from the grocery bag.

“Open this.”

Nia Riley

I added the alfredo sauce to the fettucini and turned up the heat so the sauce could get to every piece of pasta. I’d always loved to cook, but I never had any time or anyone to cook for.

“I don’t really like wine, but this shit’s nice.” Chris said from the kitchen table. He was chomping on breadsticks and gulping down the wine like it was kool aid.

“Enjoy it, it costed me like five dollars.” I laughed and moved over to another counter, I had bought strawberries and whip cream, and I was gonna destroy them later on.

“Lemme help. I feel bad for just eating your shit up.” Chris said and walked into the kitchen to help me. Damn, he was so beautiful.

“Here, cut up these strawberries for me.” I pointed to the strawberries laying on the cutting board just waiting to be sliced. Chris started to slice the already washed strawberries, and all through the apartment you could hear him slamming the knife through the red fruit. Someone wasn’t happy.

“Are you good?” i asked Chris and he stopped chopping.

“Yeah, I’m good.” He smiled down at me, but the smile didn’t reach his eyes like usual.

“Don’t lie to me Chris.”

“Alright.” He sighed before telling me about his day, and how his meeting with his record label had went.

"I don't know what to do anymore. I want to keep making music, but I can't do it like this. They're always bullshiting me, telling me that they're gonna give me a date for X, but they've been saying that for months."

From what Chris was telling me, it sounded like he was stuck in a hard place, with a label who didn't respect him, and fans that wanted music.

"Why don't you just drop a mixtape or something? You can still give music to the fans, and your label has no say because it's free." I suggested and walked over to the stove to turn off the linguini. I'd added shrimp and mussels earlier on, and they were a pretty pink color.

"Yeah you're right, you're so right. Why didn't I think of that? I've dropped mixtapes before!" Chris exclaimed and suddenly I was lifted up in the air with Chris’s strong muscular arms wrapped around my waist.

“You’re welcome boy, now put me down I’m scared of heights.” And I had been since my mothers’ limp body was found five feet in the air with a rope around her neck.

“Girl I could just kiss you right now.” He laughed and placed me back on the floor.

God I wish you would.

“What’d you just say?” Chris asked and I looked at him questionably. I didn’t remember saying anything

“Nothing?”

“Nah, you just said something. What’d you say?” Chris repeated himself and started walking towards me until I couldn’t move anymore and my back pressed against the counter.

I looked up into Chris’s brown eyes and felt a roll of lust run through me.

“I didn’t say anything.” I responded. Chris grabbed my hips and spun me around so I was facing the counter, and the marble tile cut into my belly.

“I heard you though, you said I wish you would.” He mumbled and pushed his body into me, and I could feel everything. I couldn’t even speak, I was so embarrassed I’d said what I was thinking.

“So wassup? You wishing about a nigga?” Chris cockily laughed and his movements made his manhood rub against me. God, I’d died and went to heaven.

When I didn’t answer he turned me back around and gazed down at me. I didn’t know what he wanted me to say. He heard me. But I couldn’t kiss him, not when I knew he had a girlfriend, a girlfriend I’d become friends with. I couldn’t do that to Mina.

“Well, I’ve been thinking about,-” Chris started before the fire alarm started to shriek. There was a big cloud of dark smoke flowing out of my seafood alfredo.

“Damn!” I yelled and ran over to the stove, trying to save my food. I heard Chris walk out of the kitchen and go somewhere else in the condo.

Saved by the alarm I guess.

do you like Chris Brown fanficition? if you do, then check out my new Chris Brown love story, Someone Like You, I just updated it!