36. The Birds Part One

Hey lovelies, sorry for the delay on this chapter, I'm gonna post part two as soon as I finish typing it up. A few more chapters left guys!

Love you guys so much and thanks for all the support! 😘

36. The Birds Part One

Christopher Maurice Brown

I walked through the door of my condo and immediately I heard my little niggas run to greet me.

"Wassup boy?" I bent down and started rubbing Chief's fur. Diamond poked her head around the corner a few seconds later.

"Come here baby girl." I'd been kind of neglecting her lately, and I guess she could feel it, cause usually she'd be at the door asleep waiting for me to get home.

I picked her up and walked to my bedroom to change my clothes.

Speaking of my baby girl, where was Nia? I was surprised she wasn't in my room taking selfies right now. She was probably at her place, cause I knew I saw her car in the parking garage.

I pulled out my phone and called her as I changed from jeans to basketball shorts. The phone rang twice before ending. Did she just reject my call?

I called her again, and this time it didn't even ring once. Oh hell no.

"The fuck is going on?" I mumbled as I grabbed the emergency key Nia had given to me for her condo and walked to her front door.

"Aye Nia!" I yelled when I unlocked the door and walked into her place. The windows were drawn open, and I could smell incense burning, so I knew she was in there.

I walked to her bedroom, where Nia was sitting on the floor with some neon green Beats over her ears, and she was folding clothes.

"Hey baby." I wrapped my arms around her and felt her stiffen up against me.

She pulled off her headphones and pulled away from me. "We need to talk."

"Okay, what's up?" I reached out and tried to grab her again, but she just moved further away. What was she tripping over now?

"I found this today Chris, what is this?" Nia reached in her pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper.

"A piece of paper?"

She snapped. "This isn't a joke Chris, I'm this close to breaking up with you, and you're being stupid right now?! Forget it!"

She threw the paper at my chest and stormed out the room.

I opened the letter and immediately my heart dropped, just like it had when I opened it up. How has she found this? I swore I'd hid it.

"Nia! Come here!" I followed her to the kitchen where she was bent over behind the refrigerator door looking for something.

"Baby, lemme explain what that shit's about."

She closed the fridge door and turned to me. "Explain."

Damn. Now I was on the spot.

"Mina sent me that shit a week before we left, and I didn't wanna worry you with it, so I was gonna tell you later, but you found it before I could." I shrugged.

"But that doesn't make any sense Chris, how is she seven weeks pregnant, maybe nine now, but you've been with me for almost a year?"

I felt my blood start to boil within me. "She's lying! If she's pregnant, it's not my baby."

I was being completely honest, I hadn't slept with Mina in months, so I didn't know whose baby she was trying to pin on me.

"Chris, look me in my face, and promise me this isn't your baby." Nia huffed in my face, and I could see tears starting to fill her eyes.