5. Hey Neigbour

Sorry for the supppppppperrrrr long wait guys, I stopped updating all of my stories to concentrate on The Unknown, and now that it's over, I'm back! I know this is short, but I'm trying guys. Comment, vote, give me ideas, add this to y'alls libraries, and enjoy!

- Keiana

5. Hey Neighbour

"Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere. Clean up, clean up." I sang to the little kids at Sunny Smiles as we cleaned up all the toys that they were playing with.

"Hey Nia, can you get this little guy a cubby for me? He's new and I forgot to do it this morning." Mrs. Lisa asked me and brought a cute little honey complected boy over to me. He looked about four or five,and he was so precious.

"Sure I can. Hi cutie, what's your name?"

"Baby Drew!"

"Hi Drew, I'm Ms.Nia!"He smiled and followed me over to the cubbies, where I found an empty one just for him.

"Drew, can you write your name on this piece of paper for me, and this cubby will be for you?" I gave Drew a pencil and a small sticker and waited for him to write his name. He wrote 'Baby Drew' in almost unreadable scribble and gave it to me. I wonder where the Baby part of his name came from, 'cause for damn sure his parents didn't name him Baby Drew.

"Alright Drew, good job! When you come here tomorrow morning, you'll put your backpack and lunch bag there. Alright?"

"Alright!" He smiled and went back over to help clean up with the other kids. Cute kid.

After the kids cleaned up and had their late day snack, the parents started coming to pick them up. Baby Drew was the last child to get picked up, so I was sitting with him on the magic carpet waiting for his parent.

"My daddy's famous!" Drew exclaimed when I asked if he knew who was picking him up.

"Oh really?" We'd had a few celebrity kids at Sunny Smiles, no one like Angelina Jolie though. More like popular 80 and 90's actors whose children were just having their own children.

"Yeah, he's a DJ! He's the best!" He was so cute. Suddenly the door flew open and a replica of Baby Drew walked into the day care.

"I am so sorry I'm late! Hey Drew!" Baby Drew's dad walked over to us and scooped him off of the carpet. Seeing them interact was so cute, and they honestly looked like twins.

"Hi, I'm Drew, Baby Drew's father." There was wayyy too many Drew's to remember.

"Hi, I'm Nia Riley, one of Baby Drew's teachers." I shook the outstretched hand Drew had waiting for me to shake and smiled politely at him.

"It's nice to meet you. At Sunny Smiles every time a child is picked up and dropped off we have the parents sign their names, just for safety. Would you mind waiting will I go get the sheet?"

"Yeah sure, of course I'll wait." I walked into the office and grabbed the sign in sheet before walking back over to the Drew's.

Big Drew was on the phone when I walked in.

"I gotta get Drew all signed up for daycare nigga! Get your impatient ass out the car and come in here then! Aight peace."

"Just sign right there and I'll get you information sheets which tell you everything you'll need to know about Sunny Smiles." I walked back into the office and grabbed the basic information sheets Drew needed to sign and read.

"Here you,-" I started before I noticed Baby Drew was sitting on the carpet with some man. "Chris say hello fool!" Big Drew said to Baby Drew's playmate, and Chris Brown stood up and walked over to us, Baby Drew following.

"Oh hey ma, Mina's friend right?" Chris smiled, and I couldn't help but smile back. His smile was infectious.

"Yeah, your neighbor too."

"Damn, swear?! Well hello there neighbor." Chris laughed and shook my hand.

"Hi there." I shyly smiled and turned my attention back to Big Drew.

"Get these signed as soon as you can and bring them back so we can have them on file, okay?" I handed the sheets I still had in my grip to him.

"Alright, thanks a lot Nia. Come on Drew say bye to Ms.Nia." Baby Drew waved at me before grabbing his father's hand and walking out of Sunny Smiles.

Chris was trailing behind them, and was about to walk out of the building when he stopped and turned around.

"See you around neighbor." He winked and walked out.

Jesus Lord he was beautiful.

Hours later I sat on my bed staring at my camera screen. My sight was getting blurry and I was losing my focus. I had to start choosing and developing pictures to upload onto Etsy, because my funds were running kind of low. I made less than a teacher, and living in Los Angeles was no joke.

"Holy shit, I need to take a break." I mumbled and grabbed my phone and a sweater and slid my feet into some random flip flops and headed out.

As I walked down the hallway I scrolled down my instagram feed, liking random pictures of art and people.

"Oh shit." A light girly voice grumbled as I walked into her.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." I apologized and looked up at Draya towering over at me.

"Umm, hi." She smiled and helped me off of the ground.

"Hey." What was she doing here? How did she even get upstairs?

"I came to see you, and apologize for last weekend." She shyly smiled and handed me a gift I didn't even notice she had.

"Thanks Draya, you didn't have to though." Now I didn't know what to say, and felt more like of an asshole than I did last weekend.

"I wanted to. I wanted to talk too. Were you heading out?"

"Yeah, I was gonna go for a quick walk and clear my head." Did I invite her to join? I didn't know what her motives were.

"Do you mind if I come? I could use some head clearing too."

"Yeah sure, you can come."

Draya and I sat across from each other in the small booth looking at our menus. We had started to walk when my stomach started telling a story about how hungry it was, and Draya insisted we go eat, her treat. I wasn't going to turn down free food, so I just agreed.

"So, why did you need to clear your head?" Draya asked after a few moments of silence. I couldn't choose between shrimp fried rice, or chow mein, so when she asked me the question I looked at her like she had three arms.

"Huh?"

"Why did you need to clear your head? What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" She smiled and reached out to grab my hand. Oh Lord, here we go again.

"Draya, stop. I'm not lesbian, and I'm not going to be. I was drunk, and I made a mistake, and I'm sorry for leading you on, but this is too much." I pulled away from her reach and tucked my hands underneath my thighs.

Draya laughed and looked at the menu.

"You know what, fuck you Nia, I'm done. I hope you enjoy your gift." She stood up and walked out of the restaurant.

So much for clearing my head.