Submission[8](Edited)

My heart began to beat erratically in my chest, and I felt a blush quickly creeping over my face. Why was I always so oblivious while I was singing?

"Jacob Ephriam Black you two timing ninja! I thought we were going to dominate the world together and you sneak up on me while I was trying to induce your father into a hypnotic state? How disgusting," I cried, throwing myself onto the floor.

"Oops?" Was all he managed to say through his shock. I could hear Billy laughing loudly, and I looked up to see a confused stare on Jake's face.

"You got that right, oops.. Maybe I'll hypnotize you so you obey your orders correctly."

A smile crept across his lovely lips, and he raced toward me, taking me in his arms. "So you aren't mad at me anymore?"

"I'm still mad at you, Jacob. You didn't believe me." I sighed.

"You were angry with Jacob?" Billy asked, his eyebrows raising as his eyes bore into Jake's skull.

"I still am. He doesn't believe that an insanely sexy, crazed woman with red eyes tried to murder me in the forest. Even though I distinctly remember him talking to some Sam guy about a white light coming out of me and throwing a 'sycophant' across the clearing." I rambled dismissively, fluttering my hands as I spoke.

Billy stared at me shocked, and exploded in Jacob's face. "You didn't believe her? She could have been killed, and you didn't believe her? You know what that was, and you could have done something about it. What did you do, tell her that she was dreaming? Hallucinating? Or perhaps both. Your mother would have had your hide for lying to your best friend, and you know it."

I sat still and wide eyed; Billy pretty much just confirmed everything I had been hoping wasn't true: Jacob had lied to me. He swore when we were kids that he world never lie to me, no matter the circumstances.

Fresh tears sting my eyes, and I allowed them to fall, not caring who saw me anymore. I had already cried too much here, there was no stopping these emotions anymore. Jacob had been my best friend for years, but that's just it... It wasn't the same... Jacob was my best friend. If he didn't care enough to be honest with me, than I no longer needed him in my life. I know the way I felt when I was away from him made me sick, but that didn't matter. I had done nothing but trust him, help him, and love him... And he repaid me with lies?

I stood up in a blur, and raced to Rachel and Rebecca's room, slamming the door behind myself, throwing the lock. This was too much for me to handle, but I didn't want to go home. I didn't want to deal with Bella and the Cullen's.

I just wanted to be away from everything.

I wanted to smile, I wanted to feel safe, and I wanted the old Jacob back; the one that I used to cuddle with when I got scared. The one that would play with me in the sprinklers.. The one that I trusted with every fiber of my being. This wasn't the Jacob I met 10 years ago... This man was a stranger that took the place of someone I loved so deeply that I would do anything to get him back.

A knock on the door made me jump slightly, but I didn't move from my place on Rebecca's little pink bed, cuddling closely with her frilly lace pillow. "Rabbit, open the door." I heard 'Jacob' say.

"No." I mustered through a sob.

"Please? Please just open the door, Aribella."

"I'm not opening the door until I get my Jacob back."

I heard the impostors footsteps retreating, and I sobbed openly into the pillow, allowing the grief to consume me. I literally felt like I lost the one person that has ever cared enough to be there for me through everything. He wanted nothing more than to be with me while I was sick, and now he lies. This wasn't Jacob, and I wanted Jake back.

The squeak of wheels loomed in the hallway, and stopped outside the door. "Little One, can I come in?" I heard Billy's gentle voice ask.

Shuffling to my feet, I unlocked the door, and climbed back into Rebecca's bed, hugging the pillow once again. A pressure on the bed made me realize that Billy had taken a seat at my feet, off of his wheel chair. I sat up, and rested my head against his shoulder, still crying, but silently now.

He smoothed my hair, and shushed me, trying his best to calm me down. "I know he hasn't been honest, but he means well. You will find out eventually, if I am assuming correctly. I promise."

"I just want my Jacob back, Billy. The one that I grew up with... The one that I came back to isn't the same... He isn't my Jakey Cakes."

"He is the same, Aribella, he is just facing his own trials and tribulations. You have to understand that."

"I do understand, I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.." I whispered. "I just cant believe that he broke a promise..."

Jacob's POV

Her Jacob. She thought that I had changed. Why did I have to go and mess things up? I swore that I would never lie to her, I promised that I would always be there for her, I vowed to never turn my back on her... And I failed miserably. I broke everything that she ever believed... But most of all, I broke Ari's trust.

I was such an idiot.

It felt even worse knowing that I had failed my imprint, that I failed someone I am supposed to protect with my life. I was so afraid that if I told her what kind of world we lived in, she would never want to look at me again. But that was probably how she felt when she found out I lied, anyway. She said that she didn't want to see me until her Jacob returned... The problem is, I didn't know where the Jacob she remembered was. I was a monster now, a sick beast that is used in tales to keep children inside after dark. I had killed before, granted it was because I was defending the tribe, but that didn't matter; I was a murderer, and she would never want to see me after she found out what I really was.

Aribella Mae Swan was my imprint. I needed to tell her what I was, and what was going on. I needed to protect her; I needed to save her from the cold ones, and possibly from myself.

Aribella's POV(Jake was only temporary)

I woke up, without realizing that I even fell asleep. My head was pounding, and my eyes were sore, red and puffy too, no doubt. I cried myself to sleep, I suppose. Billy must have left after I finally conked out. Another knock at the door made my head ache more, and I slowly moved to the knob, watching goosebumps rise on my arms as I touched the cold metal.

Jacob's large form stood in the door frame, and I take two steps back, falling onto the bed and staring at him in wonder. His eyes were red, and puffy too, probably mirroring my own. He looked distressed, and was covered in dirt, and rain or sweat.

"Look, Ari, things have changed, and I'm different. I am so sorry that I broke my promise, and I will make it up to you in any way I can. I only did it to protect you, at least I hope its protecting you. I am still your Jacob, I just have problems that I can't fix, that no one can fix, and I don't want you to be a part of it, even though now it is inevitable..." He told me in a rush, using only one breath.

"Jacob, I-------" I wasn't able to finish my sentence before Jacob's warm lips cut me off.