eight.

CHAPTER EIGHT
'don't be embarrassed, it's okay'
-

"and why is it you say i should go?" the girl asked, grasping her heavy text books tighter to her chest.

"because... you were invited?" max said, trying her best to persuade the brunette. (a task she was terribly failing).

eleven scoffed, now standing in front of her locker and she opened it.

"oh, come on, el! losen up a bit! have fun! also... i heard mike's gonna be there" max smirked, leaning against the blue lockers, next to el.

jane stopped and tilted her head to the girl.

"he is?" she asked in a soft tone.

max smirked, "i see you have become interested. be at my house by 8:00, the boys are picking us up at 10." she said and walked off.

"hey! i never said i'd go!"

max stopped and turned around, that stupid smirk was still plastered on her face.

"we both know you will!"

"damn, el! you look smokin' hot" max teased and squealed, jumping up and down.

she dragged the girl to in front of the mirror and she frowned once she saw her reflection. she wore a black crop top that exposed some of her stomach.

"i don't know, max. isn't this a little... too little?"

"oh, el. it's supposed to be like that. mike's gonna be drooling over you the whole night" she remarked, grabbing her purse from the bed.

"you think so?" el asked innocently.

"we're talking about mike, here" she scoffed, "you can wear a bag of trash and his heart eyes would still be showing off"

"he totally does not have heart eyes for me" she crossed her arms over her chest.

"hun, you're fucking blind" max chuckled, "now, let's go! the boys will be here any second now" she announced, dragging her friend out of the room.

"wheeler" she waved.

"mayfield" he nodded and smiled goofily, "the boys are in the car-"

"yeah" she patted his shoulder, "i figured" she laughed, walking past him.

as max took a step away, eleven came to his view.

she was wearing a black crop top and some high-waisted black jeans. he noticed she was wearing heels, but they weren't as tall as he thought, since she was still pretty small next to him.

her brown hair wasn't as curly as it usually was, but still some natural curls could be noticeable.

"mike"

"oh! uh- hi, el"

"you, uh- look really— you look really good" he said.

"thanks" a blush crept up her cheeks, "you don't look bad yourself"

mike smiled in return to her compliment. he opened his mouth to speak, but was soon interrupted by someone else, which made him groan.

"come on, mike! we're gonna be late!" dustin shouted from inside the car.

mike turned around and rolled his eyes, "we're coming!" he shouted and turned back to the girl.

"ready to go?" he lifted his hand for her to take.

she smiled and nodded. el took his hand as she closed the door behind her, they soon started walking to the car.

once he was in, sitting next to dustin, it was el's turn to sit next to mike.

her body was in the car but she wasn't sitting down when lucas started it and she fell. on top of mike. of course.

his hands gripped her waist and the feeling of his warm fingers against her cold skin made her shiver.

their noses bumped against each other when he said, "woah, there. you alright?"

eleven nodded, her round nose rubbing against his. it was then when she noticed how close her lips were to his and how badly she wanted that little space between them to disappear.

mike tilted his head, his gaze finding lucas and he frowned.

"hey, be careful next time, you asshole!" he shouted.

"sorry! you okay, el?" lucas asked, looking back at her.

she unfroze from her drooling-over-mike thingy max said she'd always do, and looked at him.

"y-yeah, it's okay lucas. i'm fine"

lucas nodded before leaning back on his seat. him and max shared a mischievous look.

"alright kids, is everyone ready to go? everyone on their seats..?"

max chuckled at her boyfriend's last comment and eleven quickly shuffled to mike's side, to her seat, embarrassed.

her cheeks grew warm as she buckled up and whispered 'ready' when everyone else said it out loud.

as the car started, the music started playing, and everyone started conversations, mike chewed on his bottom lip before grabbing el's hand, that was resting on her thigh.

she looked up at him, he wasn't looking at her, his eyes were glued to the window. mike gave her a reassuring squeeze, as if telling her don't be embarrassed, it's okay.

mike and eleven felt as if they were falling in love all over again. as if they were twelve years old again and they were all shy and stupid, when in reality they knew each other so well.

when in reality, the were already in love.

-

this chapter sucked, i'm sorry.
thank you for reading :)