seven.

CHAPTER SEVEN
'try not falling again'
-

eleven ran her fingers through every book in the shelf, her eyes roaming the titles of the books as she searched for one in specific, for an english project.

"i'm just telling you, mike? he was totally drooling over you yesterday" max said, from the other side of the shelf.

"lower your voice, max, or they'll kick us out" she whispered.

"i mean, when is he not drooling over you? we're talking about mike wheeler here" max continued , completely ignoring her friend's previous warning.

jane could almost hear that stupid smirk of hers that was probably planted on her face and she rolled her eyes, chuckling. el took a step to the right, continuing her search. max followed her steps from the other side, continuing her chit chat.

completely ignoring her friend, she sighed, frustrated that she couldn't find the book she desperately needed. she tilted her head up, checking the upper shelfs. her eyes lit up when they landed on a book titled romeo and juliet.

"fucking finally" she mumbled to herself.

she tried to reach up, but she was too short. jane looked at her surroundings.

too many people in here to use my powers.

she finally got an idea and stepped on a lower shelf. stretching her arm as much as she could and going on her tiptoes she finally reached, she took the book in her hand and smiled. as she tried to climb down, she made a terrible mistake, placing her foot on a different posture, and so she slipped.

she yelped and closed her eyes, waiting for her body to land on the floor.

for her complete surprise, she instead fell onto a pair of arms that wrapped around her waist, saving her from falling.

"woah, there"

that voice.

she opened her eyes, "mike"

there he stood, his nose almost touching hers, his freckles were right in front of her eyes, his hair fell messily on his forehead after the quick movement he had made.

"you okay?" he whispered.

"uh- yeah, yeah" she nodded, her nose brushed against his and he licked his lips.

his hands were grasping her waist, his fingers touched the bare skin under her shirt, and she shivered at the touch. they shifted in their place, and stood properly.

his hands were still on her waist, when he noticed he reluctantly pulled them away, coughing awkwardly.

"seems like the only thing we keep doing is save each other's asses, huh?" he chuckled.

she softly laughed.

"yeah, apparently"

he chewed the inside of his cheek, trying to come up with any conversation.

"so.. what are you doing here?" she asked

"oh! i was uh- searching for a book for, you know-"

"the english project" she snapped her fingers.

"yeah, exactly" he chuckled

the space was soon filled with silence, both of them staring at each other.

"jane!" max shouted suddenly. a few kids from the library shushed her, in which she replied with a few curse words.

eleven jumped at the sudden scream, her book slipped off her hands. both mike and eleven quickly bent down to grab the book.

curious at their action done at the exact same time, they looked up at each other and bumped their heads. both started giggling as she rubbed her forehead with the palm of her hand.

he grabbed the book before they stood up. mike looked at the title and then up at her. he stuck out his arm.

"here, juliet"

el giggled, grabbing the book from his hand. "you're such a dork, wheeler"

he gave her a cheeky smile as she turned around to walk away. he sighed, placing his hands in his pockets.

"oh, and mike!" she turned around.

"yeah?"

"thanks for saving my ass... you know, before i fell" she tilted her head to the side.

"it's alright. just, be careful next time, try not falling again, i don't want you hurt"

her lips turned into a smirk, "i'll try, but i don't think that'll be an easy task" she gave him a look and turned around.

it then hit mike, how falling had a double meaning, and soon, he was also smirking.

"i'll see you later, romeo!" she waved, walking away.

mike smiled and bit his lip, he ran a hand through his dark locks as he shook his head.

this girl.

-

happy new years eve. i hope you all have an amazing 2018, thank you for making my 2017.
i'll see you guys next sunday.