two.

CHAPTER TWO
'think about it as... unbreakable love'

-

knock knock knock.

the door creaked as it opened, soon revealing a smiling nancy wheeler.

"nancy" eleven breathed, quickly pulling her into a hug.

nancy smiled into the hug, wrapping her arms tighter around the girl.

they pulled back, eleven grinning ear to ear.

"thank you for coming. come- come in" she stepped aside, letting her walk into the cabin.

-

"i just think.. you should give him a chance, el. let him explain himself. let him talk. and, if you really think he's lying.. then... i'll have to kick his ass"

jane laughed, nancy chuckled.

el bit her lip, her smile fading away and looking down at her lap.

"how.. how is he?" she mumbled.

nancy sighed.

"well. i don't- i don't really know. he's been— distant. one thing that i'm sure about though is that-"

"he misses me.", el looked up at her, "i've been told"

eleven looked down again. nancy chewed on her bottom lip. she grabbed el's hand, she looked up.

"love is... fragile. within a second, it could break. but not yours, jane. you and mike are.. different. your love is so strong, it- it could never break" she shrugged, chuckling softly.

eleven's eyes kept fixed on the girl in front of her.

"think about it as... unbreakable love"

-

max mayfield walked through the crowded school hallways, her backpack hanging from one of her shoulders, her eyes fixed down at a paper.
suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around her waist from behind, a shriek escaped her mouth when she was lifted up.

 as soon as she was placed back on the ground, she turned around, finding none other than lucas sinclair smiling ear to ear.

"hey!" she playfully hit his chest, a smile dancing on her lips.

"you're so stupid"

by now, her back was against a locker, his arms remained around her hips.

"yeah, i've been told" he said before leaning in to kiss her.

max chuckled against his lips, she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

she sighed contently as they pulled back. her smile faded into a frown as thoughts flooded her mind.

"you alright?"

max shrugged, "this whole situation with eleven and mike. it almost feels wrong, all of this", she pointed at him, then at herself, "i know we've had our inconveniences, but mike is my friend. it sucks seeing him like this. i don't know, isn't eleven being a little harsh?"