{one}

Chapter one

_________

Have you ever been so afraid to leave the place you feel the most safe at, just because someone wants to do something bad to you?

Well I'm afraid. Afraid to face him. He's the most feared person in school, and if you step out of line, let's just say next time you'll know your place. I don't understand why he gets pleasure for hurting other people who've probably never done anything to deserve it in the first place.

Me. I don't even know him, yet he feels the sudden urge to beat me up everyday. I've done nothing to him, and ever since the first day he beat me up, it's been a constant thing for about two years.

Well, I can't hide in the girls bathroom forever, I'll have to go out there and face him. That and the fact that I have to go to next period gym class. The joy. Note my sarcasm.

I stepped down off the bathroom counter, opening the door to exit the little girls room. I looked left then right, just to be sure he isn't around. I smiled to myself thinking I was free from a beating. I walked out heading towards my locker when I was suddenly slammed up against the wall. And to think I was almost off the hook, but I should know better, he always finds me.

"Going somewhere Camber?" His deep and threatening voice said. His arm was around my neck, making it hard to breath.

"N-no." I said breathlessly. His grip tightened, causing me to choke and gasp for air.

"I'm going to enjoy this." He spoke those cold hard words, and in an instant second I felt myself hit the hard tilled floor.

I rubbed my head that was now pounding from the hard impact. I brought my hand up to the stinging that filled my cheek, my eyes widen now coming to the realization that he had smacked me across my face. I looked up, to see him smirking at me, now taking steps closer to me. I gather myself finally able to get up and try to make a break for it. I didn't get far since he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back towards him. His grip tightened as I winced in pain. He clenched his fist, now hitting me hard in my stomach. I dropped to my knees holding my stomach and groaning in pain. He took my weakened state as an advantage to kick me hard in my sides. I fell to the ground, whimpering as the tears started to slip from my eyes.

He picked me up by the collar of my hoodie and said, "See you later Camber." I heard the evil tint in his voice as he threw me against the wall. All I knew was that my head was pounding. I tried getting up, but I had already slipped into the darkness.

-

I rubbed my head, now opening my eyes to see where I was. I looked around and realized that I was outside, but where was I? I stood up, pain shot through my stomach and sides as I started walking. I followed the light path and realized I was in an alley way. I put my hood up, hiding myself from getting concerned looks from the innocent civilians walking the streets.

I looked at the time on my phone, "shit." It's pass my curfew and John won't appreciate that I'm late. I made a run for home, running into people and saying, "sorry" as I bumped into them. I finally made it home, opening the door to see if he was waiting. The coast was clear, I shut the door and sighed of relief.

"Young lady it is a quarter till midnight where on earth were you?" A deep voice spoke causing me to jump up letting out a small shriek.

I clapped my hand around my heart, trying to recover from my almost heart attack. "John, you scared the life outta me." I breathed heavily.

"Don't change the subject, now where were you?" He asked folding his arms across his chest.

I thought for a second. I couldn't tell him I got beat up and thrown into the alley. I haven't told anyone about my bully except my step-sister Avery. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. John started tapping his foot.