{twenty-nine}

sorry for what's about to happen ...

• • • • •

Chapter twenty-nine
________

// Camber //

It's been two weeks already, and Calum only has one more week until they pull the plug. I want him to wake up, everything just isn't the same anymore. Luke, he isn't the same, no not anymore. He's constantly out late, drinking, getting into fights and sleeping around, it's just not like him at all. Then there's Ashton, he just now started smoking and is in the habit of doing it every single day. Michael, he's been quiet and it worries me the most, he's always in his room and when he comes out his eyes are bloodshot and his cheeks all puffy, I see him rub his arms a lot and he tells me mosquitos bit him. Other then that he's not doing much unless he's with Rosie, but that's the only time he'll talk.

We all argue constantly, almost everyday and it's not healthy for Bentley to be around all this stuff either, so I asked Avery if she'd watch him, she has been for the past two weeks, I'll go visit but he doesn't come home with me. I just want him safe, that's all.

Calum was the person to hold everything together. Now that he's not here, there's no one to hold all of us together, no one to brighten the mood anymore, the house is completely depressing. If you're in a bad mood, you snap at anyone near you.

"Move." I heard Luke mumble as he bumped shoulders with Michael. I was sitting at the table enjoying my Pepsi.

"Watch where you're going Hemmings!" Michael snapped. Luke laughed at him and continued on.

"Next time get out of my way!" Luke hissed. Michael's jaw tightened as he turned around and pushed Luke to the floor.

"Stop being a dick Luke, I'm sick and tired of you, sleeping around, getting drunk all the time, stop it!" Michael snapped at Luke. He got up holding his hand to his head.

"Me stop! What about you Michael," Luke fired back, "I know what you're doing, does Rosie? Does Camber?" He questioned. Michael's eyes grew wide as his facial expression dropped. "That's what I thought." Luke grinned to himself.

"Why are you such a dick now, Luke?" Michael asked him. No sooner did Ashton come downstairs, "And you, why are you smoking, you never have before so why start now?" Michael questioned Ashton.

"What I do isn't really any of your business now is it Michael?" Ashton snapped at him. Usually Ashton isn't the one to snap at anybody unless they deserved it.

"I care about you guys, why are you doing all of this recently, huh?" He asked again.

"Calum has a week left Michael, one fucking week and then he's gone. When that happens I'll be joining him too, weather I overdoes on drugs or not, I'll do whatever it fucking takes to be with Calum again, my brother!" Luke yelled as angry tears rolled down his face.

"Our brother Luke," Michael corrected him, "He's going to wake up, guys have some faith for crying out loud." Michael said.

"I know you aren't talking, have faith, what have you been doing since we found out two weeks ago, huh Michael!" Ashton raised his voice, "I know what you've been doing, so don't point fingers at others when you're doing something just as bad." Ashton said. My stomach dropped as I listened to this conversation, it made me sick.

"Face it Michael, he isn't waking up and time is running out, he's gone, and in a week I'll be gone too." Luke said. That made my stomach turn even more.

"As will I Michael, face it, what's a world without Calum?" Ashton said. This whole time I was quiet and kept my mouth shut, but I couldn't stand listening to them talk about this anymore.