Chapter 22

"Ya, I think I know what I have to do."

*Time skip*

I was walking through the woods , followed by Leah, Alice, and her siblings.

"This is really happening?"

"Yep."

"Ok, you have to stay here, I'll be back."

I walked into the middle of the camp and howled for the alpha.

"What do we have here?"

"I came to challenge you for alpha."

"Let's go."

He jumped into the clearing in front of me and started growling.

{ALICE'S POV}

"Do you think Bret is going to win?"

"Bret could beat this whole pack, if she wanted to."

I then remembered how hand Bret hit me when I was fighting her, and that wasn't even her full strength. I then looked into the clearing, Bret and the alpha were circling the clearing, growling at each other.

The alpha ran forward first and Bret ducked out of the way and slammed her jaws down on his side and threw him across the clearing. He recovered quickly and charged at her, it looked like Bret was going to take it head on, when she jumped over him and bit down on his scruff.

She flipped him over and slid him across the ground. He was getting madder and madder the more they fought, until he ran at Bret and ducked then bit her bottom jaw and slammed her head to the ground. I saw Leah get furious.

"That's cheating."

Bret then scratched his face and bit his muzzle. She let go and quickly jumped on his back and bit his scruff and pinned him down. He was pushing up with all his might but Bret wasn't budging, and she was scratching his sides. He then went limp and laid his ears down and tail on the ground. Bret got off him and stood to the side.

"Now, leave."

He growled at Bret one more time then ran off into the woods. I ran into the clearing and hugged Bret. She turned into a human and hugged me back.

"Now, I need to say something."

{BRET'S POV}

I walked onto the alpha rock and called everyone into the clearing.

"I am now alpha, that means you follow me. And I have a few rules. First, you can go on the vampire territory, just not the house. Second, no attacking the vampires, unless they are enemies. Third, I might not be around very much but I am still in charge. Everyone agree?"

The pack howled their agreement.

"Good, now, have a good day."

*Time skip*

I was sitting in the yard, with my arm around Alice and her cuddled to my side.

"This is nice."

"Yes it is, I like not being attacked at every turn."

I turned to my side and kissed Alice.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

{I had a lot of fun writing this story, and I hope you had fun reading it.}