Chapter 21

"I'm here."

I wanted to hug Bret so badly but Leah pulled me out of the cell.

"Stay back."

Bret then jumped up and ran at us, but reached out sith her arm, on the side with the green eye, and grabbed the bars. With her other arm she cut down her arm.

"Everyone outside!"

"What's happening to her?"

"It's like she's 2 people at once, one side wants to kill us and the other side wants to help us. Now it's her fight to win or loose."

I then heard someone running up the stairs, when...

"NO!"

I heard Bret fall back down the stairs.

"I will kill them!"

I heard Bret cut herself again, but I didn't know which side. Bret ran up the stairs again and went to attack Leah, but cut across her stomach. She then walked to the stairs and cut the inside of her thigh, and fell down the stairs.

"Alice, this is where you step in."

I slowly started walking down the stairs, when I saw Bret laying on the ground, breathing heavily. I looked down at her and saw both her eyes back to normal, but one with claw marks down it.

"Hi"

"Hey"

Bret then lifted her arms, and I leaned over her.

"Sorry."

"It's fine, as long as you're back."

Bret then pulled down my shirt and bit my shoulder, I did the same to her.

"Let's go."

Me and Bret walked out, as if on cue, Leah jumped on Bret and started hugging her.

"Welcome back."

"Feels good to be back."

Bret then looked at all of us.

"And sorry, about anything I said."

"Oh, it's fine. now, get over here."

Everyone gave Bret a hug, and we walked back to the house.

"Oh, thank god."

Ella came over and hugged Bret.

"Now, eat this food."

Ella showed us a table filled with food.

"With pleasure."

Bret licked her lips and started scarfing down all the food. Everyone started laughing and Leah went over and took some of the food, much to Bret's disliking.

*Time skip*

"So, how was school after all that?"

"Eh, pretty normal. Luckily I healed over night."

"Yep, everyone would have go crazy if that scratch was still on your eye."

Me and Bret went up to our room. And Bret grabbed a piece of paper that was laying on her stuff.

{BRET'S POV}

I unfolded a piece of paper that was on my stuff and read it.

Note: Bret, I'm sorry to disturb you the day after your recovery, but will you please come to the cellar. I need to talk to you, don't worry I won't hurt you, and please come alone.

I crumpled the note and put it in my pocket.

"Hey, I'm going out for a bit."

"Want me to go with?"

"Nah, i want to go alone."

"Ok, be safe."

"Will do."

I walked out of the house, luckily no one else saw me and I took off to the cellar. I got there a few minutes later and saw a wolf sitting there.

"Maggie?"

"Bret, you came."

"It's been about 400 years, how are you?"

"Well, I got moved to the elders now."

"What? You still look as good as the day I was born."

"Well, I'm about 700 now."

"Wow, so you needed to talk?"

"Yes, have a seat."

I sat down and Maggie started explaining.

"I heard about what happened, and what has been happening, the alpha has no right to do all this. And that is what I wanted to talk to you about, the alpha is horrible to us, if we don't agree with him he attacks us. Last week he killed a pup for eating part of his food."

"That's horrible."

"Yes, and he wants your territory, he won't stop until he has it. So, I came to give you 2 decisions, either you need to leave your territory and let him have it or become alpha yourself."

I froze for a second.

"I-I understand, but I don't know what to do."

"I didn't expect you to, so please, think about it today and give me your decision tomorrow. I don't care who you talk to this about to help you."

"Ok, I'll think about it."

I walked home and went into the room.

"You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Alice, can I talk to you about something?"

"Yes."

I sat down and told Alice what Maggie had said.

"Well, do you know what you're going to choose?"

"No, that's why I need your help."

"Well, If we leave, we loose all our land that we've had since the first vampires, and we have to find a new place. But if you become alpha, you have to lead the pack, but they would have a better alpha and they would get this land anyway, right?"

"Ya, I think I know what I have to do."

{Next chapter will be the last chapter. Hope you had fun reading this story.}