wang yangming

Start bij het begin

"Thanks." the kid spoke. Chloe's eyes widened at the sound of his voice. Young, teenager, around my age. Really? "Well, I could've stuck the landing better, it's just... new suit. It's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's perfect. Thank you."

Despite the circumstances, the Frye found herself smiling at the kid's ramblings. He was cute, in an awkward mid-pubescent way.

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation."

"Okay," Spider-boy responded. "Cap. Captain. Big fan. I'm Spider-man."

"We'll talk about it later," Tony said. Chloe could almost see the man face-palm internally. She, herself, was barely keeping her chuckles in. 

"Hey everyone."

"Good job."

The Assassin heard the amusement in Steve's voice. "You've been busy."

"And you've been a complete idiot." Tony snapped. "Dragging in Clint, "rescuing" Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep... I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart."

"You did that when you signed."

There, at that moment, did Chloe realize why this whole showdown was happening. Tony wanted to protect what little freedoms they had left but was willing to compromise. Steve refused to give up his freedoms, even if that meant going to war about it.

And Chloe? A feeling of uncertainty settled in her gut. Both these men were willing to fight for what they believed in, and they believed in freedom. The same thing Chloe fought for every day. 

Her grip on her red bow faltered. 

"Alright, we're done," Tony stated, his entire demeanor changing. "You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us, now, because it's us, or a squad of J-SOC guys with no compunction about being impolite. Come on."

"We found it," Sam spoke over intercoms. "Their Quinjet is in hangar five, north runway."

Steve raised his arm, and at that moment, two things happened. 

One; Clint shot the webbing off of Steve's hands once he raised them. Two; Scott Lang, who was hiding on Steve's shield, grew to regular size, handing the weapon back to its respective owner. 

Once Tony launched himself into the air, and Steve threw his shield, the fight began.

Suddenly, Chloe was thrown into her Assassin mode. Her questioning stance disappeared (it was still there, however), and her gaze hardened. Seeing the web-slinger launch into the air, the teenager acted quickly and shot him down. 

She leaped off the building, rolling to a stop right behind the fallen hero. She took in his appearance. He was frazzled, a little confused, and surprised at her attendance. 

Which was good. It meant she was good at staying in the shadows. 

"Who- who are you?"

"A friend of the Captain's," she spoke, sinking back into the shadows slightly. "Why are you here?"

"To help Mr. Stark. Why are you here?" Peter was nervous, to be completely honest. He figured the girl was older than him and much more experienced. Plus, his Aunt May always told him to never hurt a lady. He stepped back when she stepped forward, making the Assassin cock her head to the side in interest. 

Her eyes turned golden, the blue hue revealing his true nature. Ignoring his sounds of slight excitement, she hesitated, taking a step back. She turned her head to the rest of the battlefield, revealing the state of everyone else; blue. Everyone else held a steady, blue tint.