(2) Their First Meeting.

Start from the beginning

"Come with us willingly or I'll – "

"Or you'll what?" Pamela mumbled furiously. "Shoot me?"

"Shoot a kid."

Shivers ran through her spines. "You don't have to threaten me. I'll go willingly."

"This way then." He said.

She obeyed. She walked as he led, all the while praying the cops were going to rescue her. But if they did, how would she get her father's body back? A thug who didn't care about children wouldn't care about a body. Besides, they would've manhandled it by now. More than ever, she wished he was already laid to rest in his age-long family cemetery so he'll have his dead family to take care of him.

Pamela grimaced. She was being ridiculous, but she couldn't help it. She loved her father, dead or alive.

They got to a black van which was just like the one that had attacked them the day before and two huge men in black suits with dark sunshades walked towards her with precise steps, probably to take her with force. Her eyes fell on the gun straps attached to their belts. They had come prepared.

"Easy. I'm going willingly." She said hurriedly as they moved towards her with so much vigor, but it was as if she was talking to herself. They walked towards her, one grabbed her hands and the other held out a blindfold over her eyes. The next thing she saw was blackness. She cringed when she was placed roughly into what felt like the back of a van.

"What is going on? I am going willingly! You don't have to treat me this way! Is it because I decided not to call the cops?" The blindfold was yanked off and she blinked, thinking they had reconsidered their rough ways. "Thank you for – " A cloth was stuffed in her mouth, cutting off her vote of thanks, gaging her, and then she was blindfolded again.

After struggling to talk or to even set herself free to no avail, Pamela ended up keeping quiet. She couldn't help but wonder why the cops weren't on their tail yet. What was happening? She was edgy and frustrated and wanted to cry but couldn't. She was paralyzed with fear and didn't have the strength to cry. Within minutes, due to the stress and strain of the past days, she slept off.

She opened her eyes again to a hand roughly taping her awake. The gag and the blindfold had been removed.

"Get up. The boss is waiting for you." Said the bastard that had threatened to shoot a kid if she didn't comply. He looked fortyish, had a crusty voice, a hard and rectangular chin, and an overall unappealing physiognomy. Pamela decided to name him Grumpy for the time being – not that she was going to stay long enough to know his name. The cops would be here soon.

She stood and wobbled unsteadily but regained her balance and stretched. Her muscles popped in protest because crouching in one position for a long time had made her legs numb. She was led in by Grumpy and she took in her surroundings.

The mansion was a huge block of ancient buildings that looked like it was built millenniums ago and had been passed from generation to generation. It had a fountain that stood right at the center of the property. From the outside, it looked fairly typical but on the inside, it was luxurious. The whole foyer was the size of an average house alone. It had expensive couches and armchairs. A beautiful chandelier hung from the ceiling, and a skylight provided light in the foyer. Pamela was awestruck.

This place did not seem like the house of a ruthless Mafia, it, instead, looked like a place she could use for a vacation. Perhaps it was the beautiful mansion or the breathtaking interior but Pamela realized she didn't feel as frightened as she had been on the ride. However, the security checks unnerved her. She was afraid they would detect the wire she was wearing but to her surprise, they didn't.